Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went to the hospital and visited a co-worker that is there for injuries from falling on the ice. (It was a freak thing, he slipped and fell on the ice and broke some ribs and punctured his lung...)

But I can't believe it!! He went into the hospital like 10 days ago, and one of my friends and I were talking about going to see him right away, but didn't because he wasn't really fit for visiting. That got me thinking that if I was agreeable to it, I must be getting better, right? Well she asked me yesterday if I wanted to go with her to visit him today, and I said I would. I almost bailed out today because some other stuff came up, but then thought of what if he didn't make it out of there or something, and I let a tiny schedule conflict get in the way of me going to see him and showing some compassion. I went, I hated it because I hate hospitals, I hate the smell, I was uncomfortable, wondering what sorts of diseases everyone had, the dude next to him was hacking up a lung and I was grossed out, but we stayed for like 15 minutes and I didn't run away and didn't freak out, no fear at all, just a feeling of not liking to be there, and there's a difference!

I haven't been around on the boards because I've been feeling so good, and really haven't "needed" to come on. I came on the last couple days just because after over 2 years coming here, a person really develops a desire to have contact with friends made! But I'm so glad I tested myself and got an A!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I figure I'm getting better because my husband came home and asked how it went and I told him but then said "well I came home and washed my hands real good, and now I'm eating supper, so it must be alright!" Woo hoo!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Good on you! Nice one.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]