Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just an idea

I know a lot of us have that insomnia/waking up in the night feeling n* or off thing, and it occurred to me that I haven't had that happen in quite some time--since we got a programmable thermostat and I've programmed it to go down at night (are everyone else's heating bills going through the roof???). I kinda wonder if maybe getting overheated, and then not waking up until my body started feeling gross from it, was what was making me feel n*. I thought about it, and I am pretty sensitive to heat, I once passed out from too hot of a shower. So anyway, those who wake up feeling gross like that, maybe try to lower your thermostat and night and see what happens. Other than sv* season, that crappy waking up in the night gross feeling is the worst for my emet.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

You are right! It has been hot in my room and I would wake up hot and feeling not so good, I would turn it down and fall asleep. Now when I go to bed it is comfortable and I don't wake up during the night. When the hot weather comes I feel sick,my body has to get used the hot weather and then I am fine.

Well, we keep our therm down to 67 in the winter because it is just waaaay too expensive optherwise, so our houe is definitely very cool. I sleep well at night, almost never wake up unless I get night sweats and feel crappy, so I think that is a valid point.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I wake up sweating some nights and turn the heat down. You are probably right. Also, after I take a shower, I seem to stay very warm afterwards and have to turn the heat down. Heat will definitely make you feel nauseous.

How much does it cost where you all live to heat your house? Our last bill was close to $250 and I thought that was outrageous. I've been leaving the thermostat at 63 at night and 67 during the day!

i know that when im feeling gross in the car..
    i HAVE to keep it cold cold cold cold.

Paula -

My house is about 1550 sq feet, 3 years old, I always keep it to 67 and it is usually around $85-$90. I know that's not bad, but it's hard to take when it was only $50 at this timelast year. $250 IS a lot!! Do you have a big house?
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

That's about how big our house is. It's about 10 years old and we have pretty good insulation. What gets us is our climate--I'm in Michigan [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. So needless to say our furnace works pretty hard in winter!!! Our gas rates just went up this year, and that was our most expensive bill so far. Last year it was running around $150-$175. I work out of the home one day a week and the rest of the time I'm a sahm--we keep joking that I'm going to have to go back to work full time just to pay for heat!! HAHA

I don't pay for heating in my apartment, and I don't know how to turn the heat down or off, but I do like it cold when I'm sleeping so I always have a fan going and the window open (In the winter) In the summer I keep the airconditioning at FULL BLAST! I'd rather be cold then hot any day!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

We actually turn off the heat in my boyfriend's apartment- but someone either next to, above, or below him blasts their heat so it's hot anyway. I would rather keep a window open a crack as opposed to just turning the heat down, because I like waking up to fresh air.

PS- doesn't hurt that the cold air makes ya cuddle.....and cuddles lead to bow-chicka-bow-wow [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]. Anything that increases the likelihood of that happening is A-OK with me!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow!! so I am paying close to $240.00 every 2 months in the winter for my electric heat and I live in a 2 bedroom apt!!! I have complained about it, but they said no everything is fine after they checked all the meters!
    There are 4 buildings with 6 apt's in each building. For some freakin reason my building is the highest!!

There has got to be something wrong with heating bills that high, especially in small spaces. Sucky!!!!!!! I hate increased gas rates, ridiculous!!

I like to wake up to cold fresh air too, it's the best, but it is hard to get out of bed in the morning, that's the only caviat. I would totally sleep with my windows open, but my hubby would have a fit.

Amber, I wish I had your sex drive...sigh[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]