Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hypnosis?

HI, I have been suffering from emet four 5 years now and have been to numerous psychologists and psychiatrists which haven't helped much. I recently saw this show on TV about how hypnosis is good for treating phobias and was just wondering if anyone had tried it for emet. If you have I would love to here how it went!

Thanks

Hi!

I haven't heard much about hypnosis but I am looking into it right now. It is really hard to find a honest hypnotherapist!! I will let you know my findings when I find out more!
    Smile and someone will smile back!

I've tried hypnotherapy with three different hypnotherapists and it did absolutely nothing for my emet. It was very relaxing and enjoyable but that's about it. I even tried a past life regression hypnosis twice...that never worked at all for me.

Kathleen

Try getting in touch with a hynotherepist through the nationl phobics society. They will have people who are regestered as helping phobics. Im currently waititng too see someone through that. I'l let you know how it goes

I have been to two different ones. The first helped me with with my agrophobia very well in factand under hypnosisi talked through my childhood but as for the emet he sat me in front of a video of people V. I just could not do that so we ended.

The second one i saw about six months agodid CBT and it did nothing.

What happens is you lie in a chair and close your eyes, he/she will then do relaxation with you and then when you are relaxed he does another relaxation therapy usually with some back ground music like birds or waterfall music. He will also have a script to read off to you to help you relax.Then he will ask you questions and say things to you. Then you "wake up" you haven't been asleep you are totally aware of whats going on.

It all depends i think on how relaxed you can be, i wasn't very good at it.

saying that i am still on the look out for another one. I will not give up.

Beware that it is a bussiness and they will say that they have treatedemet before when they haven't.

Thanks guys for all your help. I look forward to hearing about what happens with your hypnotherepy in the future too.

I have found a hypnotherepist who I am thinking of going to see. I have had alot of conflicting advice about hypnotherepy but I think I will try it anyway. I will let you know how it goes.