Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So Sad

I lost a close friend to cancer yesterday, I knew he was really ill but expected him to have several more months with us. We were just with him on Sunday and he was cracking jokes, talking about coming home out of the hospice and was eating so well. I just can't believe he's gone, so quickly, just like that. I can't stop thinking about it.

It was also my grandma's funeral yesterday and also my birthday. It's a birthday I'll never forget.

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Tracey i am so sorry for your loss, and to have all that happen on one day must have felt like it's all too much for you, life can be so cruel. Its also a precious thing that so many take for granted, i am glad that your friend seemed to have his last few days with people he loved and was able to enjoy himself despite his illness. It's just so hard for the people that are left behind, you are deep in my thoughts hun

Trinity xxx

Tracey I am sorry about your friend and your grandma. I lost my best friend to cancer to. Just remember he is in a better place and not in pain anymore. I lost my grandma 10 years ago and everyday I thank god for having her in my life. Happy belated birthday to you to.

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. It must be so hard for you. My thoughts are with you.

Oh Tracey, i am so sorry. you have always been here for me in the past, i wish i could give you a big hug right now. What a rotten time you are having, i am so sorry.[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Tracey...sorry for you loss....both of them...must have been terribly hard to face. I hope that your days get brighter in time...my thoughts are with you.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Tracey, i am so sorry about your loss. My heart goes out to you.

God Bless

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

I too am sorry for your loss Tracey.

I am so sorry Tracey.

I had to have my dog, my best friend, put to sleep on Jan. 22, and two
    weeks later, on Feb. 6th, my Papa (who was basically my father, he
    raised me as his own) died.

I know how you are feeling. God bless you, stay strong, it gets easier as days go by.

HUGS from Canada [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

JAMIE DAWN

No words can express the loss you must be feeling. Just know that we are all thinking of you.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Tracey~~

I am so sorry to hear about your recent losses[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

When both my grandparents were ill, they were real sick, then suddenly they were upbeat and joking around, the day before their passing. The soothing feeling I got from this was that in my heart I felt that they were facing death, tired of fighting, and were totally at peace with it. Sometimes people get a "calming" feeling before death, meaning they are ready. My Mom, on the other hand, bless her heart, was not well at all. She was talking to us the night she died, but she was struggling. That was alot harder to see, and I know she didn't wanna leave us yet. So, I hope this helps you in feeling that he was ok and ready to face his next life[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, it means a lot to me.

Jamie, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog and your Papa, cyber hugs sent your way.

Tracey

- Japanese proverb

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I lostmy dear sister Stephanyto cancer too about 2 years ago. They seem over the worst and happy, the dreams of them coming home, you feel so happy then you get this... call from the hospital. From the tone of the voice... it breaks the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_rough

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I lostmy dear sister Stephanyto cancer too about 2 years ago. They seem over the worst and happy, the dreams of them coming home, you feel so happy then you get this... call from the hospital. From the tone of the voice... it breaks the heart.

I know it really does break your heart, I'm so sorry you lost your sister. I've been through losing loved ones to cancer before, including my mum when she was only 39, and each time they got steadily worse with each day that passed and youknew the end was very near. However with my friend he seemed to have so much life left in him, no signs of him being near the end, that's what I'm finding so hard to deal with - I just can't accept that he's gone and I feel I had so much more to say to him. Maybe it will sink in more when I've said a final farewell to him at his funeral next week.

- Japanese proverb

Deepest sympathies, Tracey, I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose someone so close to you - I've been very lucky in my life so far along those lines, but I suppose loss is something everyone has to experience at some point.

I'm glad your friend was able to spend some of his last few days with his friends, and was still a fighter til the end. Despite it being such sad news, I thought it was really nicethat he was laughing and joking the last time you saw him. I am sure he was so thankful in his last moments that he had such good friends, andI hope he went peacefully ^_^
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you feel better soon. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Thank you. Ihave foundeverybody's words and thoughts comforting - you are all suchlovely people [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

- Japanese proverb