Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Tonight, after I got home from work, my temperature has been hovering around 100 F. I don't have anything else bothering me. Just feel a little weak and tired. I ate an orange in case I'm getting a cold or something. Anyone ever get a fever and have it turn into nothing? [img]smileys/smilies_24.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yep.
    I also had this thing once where I just slept about 18 hours a day-no other symptoms.

It turned out to just be a virus. There are all different types of those-sometimes your body just needs to burn off some excess bacteria.

That can sometimes happen. Plus your temperature can raise even if you're not sick--just from being overheated, women have temperature elevations when they're ovulating, etc.I know my kids get sick like this about once a winter, just a fever for a day or so and feeling icky but no other symptoms. When I was a kid I used to get this thing my mom called my "three day virus." I would have a fever for three days and just feel blah but no other symptoms. You know what's weird is that I remember those times fondly because I wasn't all that sick and my mom stayed home from work and we watched soap operas together Hey, use it as an excuse to take the day off and veg. But I digress...

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

My kids get this about once a year or so, low-grade fever w/no other symptoms at all, all I can say is that I feel it is your body's way of telling you it needs some rest, some serious "down time". When you have a fever, you really don't feel like doing much, and that's what you need: rest.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah. I've had a fever with no other symptoms before. You probably just caught a little cold or something, but your immune system is doing a good job fighting it off. Feel better soon.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Totally. i often feel like im getting ill but then it does not turn into anything. The irony of all of this is we tend not to get ill as much because weworry more about catching things and so take more precautions i.e. washing hands A LOT! xx

Am I the only emet who doesn't give a toss about her temp? Seriously I get wy hot for no reason at all, low blood sugar, hormones anything. I've never had a fever with a SV either so I just don't associate them. It could be anything. Feel better soon.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I guess I'm all right. I think it was one of those freak things. After a good night's sleep, all is well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had random fevers too... and absolutely no other symptoms, so it was by total accident that I even would find out I had a fever. Like I'd go to the doctor for a checkup or something, and here I'd have this low-grade fever. I even went back to work and told my boss hoping to get some sympathy and a free sick day or something, but nope, he wasn't even phased by it!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11