Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm sure those in Ottawa at least...have noticed the spread of the sv....its hitting every child to walk the streets...I just got it and was not feeling well for TWO WEEKS! I never actually got sick....so very happy bout that....but..ick...its pretty bad...also theres alot of colds...

main symptoms of this S*V

Nausea
    D*
    Abdominal pain!!

I found pain seems to be very frequent among alot of ppl...some have actually gotten sick...alot havent though..
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

Taner- I live in Ottawa, and haven't heard or seen this. I'm at the University, and TA a large class (for those who don't know- The University of Ottawa is quite large- approx 32,000 students). Nothing seems out of the ordinary, and I'm on campus often (too often actually) and haven't heard of anyone being ill from anything other than a cold.

If you are talking about younger children- I don't have much interaction with them here, so have no clue what they may or may not be getting. But of course, children have weaker immune systems, so what may make them really ill can often easily be fought offby a healthy adult.

In fact, I only know of two people who have gotten ill this winter- me and my boyfriend! For myself I only vomitted once and was fine shortly afterwards; my poor boyfriend was sick yesterday, and is still a bit shakey today (but no more nausea or diarrhea). The poor guythrew upyesterday while getting off OCTranspo- I love the guy, but very glad I wasn't there with him at this particular moment!

*amber*

Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pardon me for the stupid question, but what does sv stand for? I know all the other things like v* d* and n* but sv*I have multiple guesses for.

sv = stomach virus

hehehe......or stupid virus

(sometimes when reading certain posts, I substitute it with sexy/smelly vagina. It's a good stress reliever!)

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stomach virus...sorry used to sensoring it on other boards :P
    but you havent heard much? WOW it like swept through my school (Canterbury HS) it was frightning...O_o...a whole bunch of my friends got sick and then I did...and they lasted between 1 and 2 weeks...so I guess you are just absolutely lucky...*sighs* :P

hahaha- my boyfriend went to Canterbury backin the day!

As of right now, the U of O is stomach virus free from what I can reckon. Of course, the person I TA for has a sinus infection and pneumonia, and there is an outbreak of the sniffles in my TA class......just the usual winter stuff.

Hope you feel better!

*amber*

OHH OC transpo XD...lmao...I'm glad I missed that..I gotta take 4 busses a day....LOL.....lucky me...I wouldnt have enjoyed seeing that :P

Ya its a great school! Everybody loves each other...but its a real pain cause I get sick so often at that school lmao...I'll have my girlfriend hug me and a few days later im sick and wow she was sick the day she hugged me...or random people in the halls will jump you...and ya...its a high speed network of the flu there :P

Hahaha- trust me, no one could be MORE glad they missed that then me. He was supposed to participate in a murder mystery that one of the groups I volunteer for put on as a fundraiser- he left early because he wasn't feeling well (of course, after giving me a big kiss hello and goodbye). At least he managed to hold until he got off the bus!

He's also a nurse, and had some messy few days at work, so chances are that he may have picked up something there. Usually he has the immune system of steel- this one must have been a doozy.

Aren't the busses gross? I want to bring a bottle of lysol and spray before I sit down on any of the 95s or 97s......especially late at nightafter they have been running all day *shudder*

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

Oh ya! they are terrible...specially the 97!
    the 148 and 149 are no prizes either...actually none of them are...they are all pretty nasty..sometimes I play guess what food is stuck to the seat...its just gross...I really cant wait till spring when they hose down all the busses =D they'll be all clean again

Hahahahahaha- I have luckily been spared having to take the 148 or 149- I'm usually on the 86, as that is the fastest way to get from my apartment to my boyfriends.

You play guess the food? I play guess the splatter marks...after you get good at it, you can distinguish between spilled coffee and spilled soda....and some other unmentionables.

LOL- and it sounds like Canterbury is one big luv fest- that can definitely make it easier forthe bugs divide and conquer [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

*amber*

Oh ya...my friend got mono from the water fountain...I accused him of making out with too many girls....but he figured it was the fountain....sad : \ I enjoyed bugging him about that...LOL

But OH YA....Canterbury is so welcoming...but sometimes its a little gross..because everybody is SO welcome they treat it like their home...and so theres garbage and random stuff around the halls...I will actually pick up garbage and put it in the cans I care bout the school so much

LOL..oh well I better get to bed since I have to wake up at 7 >__<

Have a good night

You have a good night too!!

Glad that you are enjoying your highschool experience.....there are advantages and disadvantages to every situation. I guess you have to put up with the ickiness at times- BUt the trade off is that you are enjoying yourself and there is a sense of community. Good for you! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Sweet dreams!

*amber*

My sister lives in Ottawa and hasn't heard of this. My son is in college there and the strep throat is going around, he has it. But since his classes are not running because of the strike he can get the rest he needs. He lives in residence and hasn't heard of the stomach virus going around.

I teach in Toronto and we are having a big problem with a terrible sv. I have had an average of 10 kids absent from each of my classes for the last 2 weeks. They are vomiting, dizzy and have high fevers. The ones that catch it are absent for 4-6 days, sometimes longer.

happyteacher

I don't get this! I thought flu season was way past it's peak. I live right below Canada, in MN, and we have had four people out the last four days with SV -- V* too...so I have been SUPER freaked out and making sure to wash my hands alot, and use hand sanitizer. Is this normal for this time of year? I guess I don't really remember anything like this in the past...???

I watched the news last night and they said this year for the flu is down.
    For me the flu is around all year but worse from October - end of May.