Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all! If you read the post by my bf Jay_rough, he wrote about when we he got really sick, a few months later i got sick too. i wanted to write my side of the story.

I had eaten food from a chinese restruant the day before although i dun think that was why i got sick. I woke up at 11 the next day feeling like "whoa really sick". Anywayz, I got out of bed and called my mom and dad cause they were at workand I saidI was sick. They came home to see how I was. I began feeling really sick. I went to the dunny and had diarrhea really bad. I was thinking "oh no, what have i got" because I didnt know anything about sicknesses except some virus's we were doing in science.

Jay came over that day, I was kinda scared, more than usual because I threw up a couple of times when i was younger and it wasn't a biggie.

Anyway, he kept me company, he asked if there was anything he could do. I just said "make it stop" over and over again, rocking back and forth next to a stupid red bucket. I dunno why i was so scared, and that was sort of what made it scary. Its kinda because it felt so horrible, like my body was dying. i was crying and getting worse. throughout the day, jay stayed with me as i continued to vomit, then every 10 mins i had to go to the bathroom.

sleeping was really hard, i was so sick i couldn't sleep. My dad gave me some stuff to drink saying it would help me sleep. boy oh boy it did, i woke up in hospital. they said i had a stomach flu and "Shigellosis". I asked the nurse there how long i would be sick for and when she said 2 or so weeks, i totally freaked out. when i stopped sobbing the nurse got a pyscologist to come in and talk to me. After he was done, he said I had "emetophobia". I was like "whats that" and he said its a fear of vomiting. He definately got that right, i was petrified.

That night I had trouble sleeping again, so the next day after they gave me my antibodies, i got a nurse to call Jay in to come see me, i was in an iso cell so no-one else got sick. I hate being alone, especially when sick, its kinda scary because you just want somone else to know that youre sick.

Jay came in after like 10 minutes, i was glad to see him. I was still crying and shaky and just wanted it to end, to stop. Jay stayed a long time and talked with me, saying how he felt really sorry for me because the antibodies weren't as effective as the nurse thought. I was all drowsy and sick because of them.

It was a long week and a bit. Jay wouldcome inright after school and talk to me bless him.It seemed to last for-ever. When I got out I went straight to his house, he was so supportive, because my parents dropped in once or twice to see howI was doing but they just said get better soon.

Thats my story.

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Hi there emi_rosu..... You two are soooooooo lucky you found each other - it's a true love story. I'm lucky to have a supportive (non-emet) boyfriend and it really can make all the difference!

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img] from me too.....

I think youre story is luvverly, its great that you have each other!!

I too have a kind of understanding partner even tho he doesnt have emet, he doesnt make me feel stupid, and get this, yesterday, he texted me whilst walking to work to tell me to walk another way as there was v* on the pavement!!!!!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

WOW!! Another emet in the room with your when you're sick like that!?!?! He's a keeper!!! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Of course, I can't stand to see her all curled up in a ball in the corner crying. I gotta give her a kiss and tell her everything's ok.

I wish I were that strong, but I'm afraid my fear would dominate in that situation.... I'd like to be able to dominate my fear, but I don't know if I could.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Can someone explain me what is Shigellosis

Ok Shigellosis is a bacterial infection. The bacteria can come from SOME but rarely foods. Mainly the intestine of animals or humans (even healthy humans). This is why it is vital to wash hands with hot soapy water. (I go overboard each time because I'm now a Salmonella carrier. I scald my hands with burning hot water)

NOTE: This section contains harsh symptoms, do not read if you aren't feeling too good.

Anyway, Shigella (Shigellosis) is quite a nasty infection. Salmonella causes diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea and cramps but Shigella is a tad worse. The symptoms come on within 6-12 hours after ingesting infected food. These symptoms are:

Cramps in the gut.

SOMETIMES (food poisoning doesn't always make you vomit) vomiting.

Stomach aches

Very severe Diarrhoea. Sometimes with Shigella, it causes rectal pain and is a common cause of Tenesmus (Rectal spasms). It is also quite possible to pass parts of the intestinal membrane with Shigella. The diarrhoea often has blood and or mucus in it.

Overall, it's not very nice. Salmonella just has plain severe diarrhoea.

(hugs Amy)

I shouldn't be posting this on the forums, but I'll have no net tomorrow, goodnight Amy, love you so much[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Goodbye all