Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

oh geez.
    i've been fine for awhile. dealing with whatever random weird stomach feelings i get. but this morning about an hour after eating 2 poptarts and a yogurt...
    i startd to get this horrid n* feeling in my sternum area.. not my stomach.. like my chest and sternum. and in between my ribs.

i started with the ginger tea, and diet 7up....
    but the feeling is still there...
    it feels super bloated.. like a burp would get rid of it.. but ive been burping and nothing is happening.. and it feels like the base of my throat keeps tightening.. ...

i have a lot to do today. a lot of busy stuff to do. and its in my thoughts..
    and im about start my girl time..

so maybe those things combined are causing it?
    is is stress? or anxiety?

im just wanting feedback.

it's probably just stress and maybe a little indigestion. if you were going to v*, you would have already. that happens to me sometimes. also, you can get gas pains that feel higher above your stomach. i'm sure if you don't think about it you'll feel better!!!! have you ever tried pepto bismol? i just tried it for the first time last week when my stomach was bothering me, it works wonders!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

hi,

yeah its really horrible when that happens, i have irritable bowel syndrome, so i understand. i quite often get those sort of feelings when i am particually stressed or anxious. that throat closing thing is a common anxiety related problem. sometimes i get that all day, dispute taking a load of medcine for it! never mind, what keeps me going is the thought that it will be ok tomorrow, becuase there will be no more air to bring up, and i just have to calm myself down, so i dont swallow so much air, this is very important if you are to stop those syptoms, you might not even realsie you are doing it, i dont![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Feelings in the chest area that you've described aren't nausea. Maybe it's a gas pain, perhaps heartburn. Likely it's anxiety. Since the feelings aren't nausea, they aren't going to result in vomiting.

Quote Originally Posted by japa
    Since the feelings aren't nausea, they aren't going to
    result in vomiting. </font>
    thank you for reminding me of that. sometimes anything, even a headache,
    will get me worried about v*

good advice - good luck

That happens to me sometimes with heartburn or when i have a teeny stomach ache. i wouldn't be worried!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!