Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

not go.

There were several kids whose parents learned of the epidemic at Goucher and elected not to let their children go. It was amazing to see about ten parents signing their children in for class at lunch (the trip was in the morning). I take a morning class at my daugher's school so she went with me.

I gave the teachers a "heads-up" to have the children wash their hands upon return (at the suggestion of the nurse from Goucher). Guess what? The did not do it.

Stella

I wouldnt have let my child go on this field trip either. So sad to read that the teachers didnt even have the children who went wask their hands when they came back. Will be interesting to see if everyone that went, remains well.

I don't think I would not have let my daughter go either! It is bad that the teachers did not make the children wash their hands after returning.

They should have postponed that trip. That is going to cause the spread of the epidemic. UGH!

No brains I tell ya...NO BRAINS![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Here is the article:

http://www.diamondbackonline.com/vne....v/ART/2006/03 /08/440ec101509d8

I love this paragraph:

North Campus resident life directors have taken various precautions to sterilize Cumberland Hall and monitor its residents since a female resident exhibited symptoms of the virus after having vague contact with an uninfected commuter student from Goucher.

And what, I wonder, is "vague contact"?

I agree with madisonsmom they should have postponed the trip

Yeah they should have waited...I mean only like 10 kids went? Isn't that out of like 28 or 29 students? (Or does your daughter go to a private school?) Either way they should have postponed it. If I had a kid I probably wouldn't have let them go either.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yeah, postponing the trip would have been the way to go. The students could have gone to some other play somewhere else. Or a different play at the college. Or a whole different field trip altogether.