Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am looking for some info on therapy to work on my phobia. This can be exposure therapy or whatever. I am just interested in working out this fear however I can. If there is anyone out there that has any valuable theraputic info, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Jason

Go to the treatments forum. There's a bunch of threads with really good info, including exposure hierarchies. I'm currently doing exposure therapy, and it's working....slowly but surely.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

what is exposurew therapy?

Exposure therapy is basically looking at pictures of V* and people V*ing to slowly desensitize yourself to it. Like okay here's an example. When I first started working in a strip club (Dancing) I saw all these beautiful women naked like ALL the time and it was causing me to go into arousal overdrive. But now when I go to a strip club for fun or to dance my arousal is deminished because I see naked women all the time now. LoL...bad analogy I know.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sage That was awesome. Exactly what I needed. My therapist is willing to work on this and has started some research as have I and this will be perfect. thanks so much!

Jason