Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

After I joined this site. I have been trying to uncover my phobia and what causes the fear... but now I feel like im so obsessed with it and I think about it a lot now.. espicially after dinner.... I have been feeling very sick because I THINK too much about it... and i can't stop it.. any signs from my stomach makes me think... and then i start to panic....and it takes like an hour or two to get calm again.... does anyone else have this?
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.

Before I found the site, I used to feel sick after every meal. It accounted for my rapid weight loss too, but after I found it, I've been feeling so much better, save, my usage of purell. xD But really, I hate when I'd feel sick afterwards. Now, It happens still but not as much. Like its not at every single thing I eat.I hope that it goes away with time. If reading things here scare you, don't feel obligated to read it. Sometimes I just open the website but don't even navigate it. ^^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I used to be that way a long time ago, but not anymore. It wasn't really a nausea feeling, but I had more of an upset stomach. It's just anxiety that you are experiencing and the fact that you are "thinking about it" too much. Try to think of other things to take your mind off of it. I know it's hard, but it works. Keep yourself busy. Hope you feel better.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I get the same way, so I avoid eating after mid-afternoon when I can. I won't eat like later than 5ish if I can avoid it. My stomach ALWAYS hurts after I eat! It got so bad that I couldn't eat for the last 3.5 days... I finally started eating late last night because I was in so much physical pain due to the starvation and dehydration, but the food somehow put me to sleep and I'm eating much better today. Food still hurts, but I can at least swallow it.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am sick feeling sick all the time! At morning, afternoon, evening, night. But i learn how to live with it and live somehow

If this site is making you think about the phobia so much that you are imagining sickness after every meal, do you think that you might want to cut back on your time spent here?

Quote Originally Posted by veebum
    After I joined this site. I have been trying to uncover my phobia and what causes the fear... but now I feel like im so obsessed with it and I think about it a lot now.. espicially after dinner.... I have been feeling very sick because I THINK too much about it... and i can't stop it.. any signs from my stomach makes me think... and then i start to panic....and it takes like an hour or two to get calm again.... does anyone else have this?

the more time i spend here.. makes me more confident in getting over this phobia... like everyday i would WANT to make myself sick (sticking fingers down my throat) ... just so maybe afterwards it wont be so bad.. as in like.. eat really little.. and then maybe try to do that.. (i never had gotten to DOING it yet but i feel more confident that if i do.. this will all be over) because im not scared of the food coming up part... im just scared i might not be able to breathe and how MUCH comes out.. and the nausea and panic attacks

But thanks i know ur trying to help... this fear scares me more than anything. and the only way to overcome it is to face it.

Ex. yesterday night i was feeling SO sick to my stomach cause i didnt eat a lot yesterday... so it was stomach acid. but i was scared that if i ate something when im alraedy having a panic attack that it will only worsten... so i went to the washroom.. and sat there juss trying to pursuade myself into doing it. but in the end i just slept on it.

-veeEdited by: veebum
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.

Yeah, I was just questioning because some people have voluntarily stopped coming to the site because they found that it increased their anxiety. It's a very individual decision as to whether this site helps a person or makes things worse, and each person has to judge.

the more time i spend here.. makes me more confident in getting over this phobia... like everyday i would WANT to make myself sick (sticking fingers down my throat) ... just so maybe afterwards it wont be so bad.. as in like.. eat really little.. and then maybe try to do that.. (i never had gotten to DOING it yet but i feel more confident that if i do.. this will all be over) because im not scared of the food coming up part... im just scared i might not be able to breathe and how MUCH comes out.. and the nausea and panic attacks

But thanks i know ur trying to help... this fear scares me more than anything. and the only way to overcome it is to face it.

Ex. yesterday night i was feeling SO sick to my stomach cause i didnt eat a lot yesterday... so it was stomach acid. but i was scared that if i ate something when im alraedy having a panic attack that it will only worsten... so i went to the washroom.. and sat there juss trying to pursuade myself into doing it. but in the end i just slept on it.

-vee

Oh also, I was wondering, are you saying that you think that sticking your finger down your throat and forcing yourself to be sick will help you to get over the phobia?

-vee

For some people, self-induced V* helps - but for many others, it doesn't. For me, I don't think it would help me much because I am more fearing the feeling of being out of control.

Self-induced V* is a very controlled thing... (at least when not done excessively).I know MANY people who suffer from bulimia and trust me, most of them admit to being afraid to V* due to illnesses too! They HATE V* on accident and complain about when they get the SV, yet they self-induce V* many times a day.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well im not sure if its going to help but i DO think it may. Although just an hour ago.. I was having yet another panic attack... My friends aren't buliemic but they do stick their fingers down their throat and v* when they had too much to drink.. and then after they v* they just resume drinking again... I asked them a lot of questions.. and they juss told me i shouldnt do it FORCEFULLY but if i think im ready then do it then i should it and maybe my phobia would go away. Like i think if i gained that control.. where at the slightest hint of nausea I cant "make" myself v* and feel better right after then it would really be a lot better than sitting or pacing.. for two hours.. having a panic/anxiety attack accompanied by nausea. Because for my friends... its juss v*ing they dont have the panic/anxiety attacks.. and also their nausea isnt as bad cause they don't freak out over it. SOmetimes I try to fight it... and then I get so tired cause it consumes so much of my time and energy I juss feel like.. just v*ing and getting it over with but the fear is so great its so hard to...

I am exactly the same. I get sick every night.

http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=6956&am p;PN=2

Veebum, The above is a link to a thread from the treatments forum. It speaks to putting your finger down your throat and so on. That might help you decide whether doing so would be useful.

I have had the same problems lately: Increased anxiety since coming to this site so much and trouble after a lot of meals. I particularly have trouble after breakfast lately, which used to be my most "anxious-free" meal. I drink a lot of Ensure and Boost when I get bad like this. Also, as far as making yourself sick, I have had 2 stomach bugs in the last 6 years and have V*, and it did not help me feel any better. In fact, I think I am more scared now. Before that I hadn't V* in close to 20 years. Now I feel that I am not "strong" enough when I am nauseous, and I never know if I can control it or not.

dont worry... i know how ur feeling cause i gotta go thru this everyday... today i almost broke down in tears because it really is ruining my life... it makes me so depressed///........ i get so nervous before a meal but today im feeling a lot better after reading one of the treatments forum named "how to handle panic and anxiety attacks" something of that sort.. you should try it out...it helped me a lot..

-vee