Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone know how long it takes for someone to start v* after they catch the sv?

Welcome to the site...it is USUALLY 24 to 48 hours...

Depends what bug they have. I have given up on the hours. Could be 2 hours from the onset of it. That is what happened to a friend of mine. Like I stated who really knows

Well, seeing as I just had Gastroenteritis/stomach flu, I remember feeling the onset of heavy nausea at about 1pm, the d* was almost instant and continuous, but I managed to fight it for a good 20/25 minutes before I couldn't hold it in.

Do what I did, go to the hospital and ask for an antiemetic,the doctoryou seemay give medications to stop vomiting (these are called antiemetics) such as promethazine (Phenergan, Anergan), prochlorperazine (Compazine), or ondansetron (Zofran). Sometimes these medications are given as a suppository.

By the way, with my sickness, the v* lasted only an hour in total (but spanned over 2.5 days). I would v*, then it would take half an hour for my stomach to react again. Somehow, it wasn't as bad, I just had to "prepare" myself every 20 mins. The doctors gave me antiemetics (unsure of the name, Maxanol or something) and they stopped it for a day, I forgot about it and thought that the v* had completely stopped. I was wrong, but asked for more antiemetics.

Then again, I had been sleeping in, the illness itself probably started around 9am or 8am. Mom recalls hearing me moan at 8:30 before she went to work, though I don't, I was feeling sick in my dream though, how odd.