Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else make a list in your head where all the exits and bathrooms are?[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Even when I was really young I knew where they all were. My mom told me she had never seen anything like it. They might not know or remember but I would always know.

I hate places that I can't get out of fast. I always sit in the outside isle seats (when and if I got out) In restraunts I only like to sit where I can get out fast so someone else has to sit on the inside seat.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

i know exactly what u mean

i wont go out unless i have a picture in my head of where thers a bathroom. its quite annoying really, but its me.

Jen xxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yup i do that 2...wierd thing is we were talkin about phobias in psychology andi thought right im not sayin anything about my emet, no one will understand and this other girl in my class suddenly sed 'i get really worried about being sick and always want to be by a toliet, i always carry water around with me and i kno its really dumb...' thats the moment i realised i wasnt a freak...we chatted about it after class and then i came on here...then i went 2 the doctors and now im waitin 2 c a therapist...and 2 thing at one time me and this girl never got on lol...she may have helped me big time in getting this sorted out Edited by: missgoddess

wow thats great missgodess!

I alway know my exits! What I really hate is going to pizza hut! Especially when you're in a booth casue if you're on the inside theres no way of getting out except if everyone gets up and moves! I'm always on the end of rows at school or near a door.

i always think sum1 will be ill at pizza hut...especially wen its all u can eat

hehe that is what I hate too. I never wanted to go to the all you can eat buffet that my husband always talked about because I was afraid someone would iver eat or something. I hate booths at Pizza hut too. Never go there. If we want pizza we order in.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

i still go but just worry 2 myself that some will over indulge

i always know where the exits are too. i even sit on the end so i won't be so closed in,but this morning in church i was inthe middle in the front like the 5th row!!!!!!!!! i couldn't believe it!!!!!! Edited by: stephiewephie05
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Wow, this sounds like exactly me! I am so happy that I don't feel like I'm the only one going through this

Yes!!! I have to know where the bathrooms are in a new or strange place!!! (Just in case)

And Siafi, you are NOT alone in this!!! That's a pretty username...what does it mean? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I wish that it was a phobia I could get rid up fortunatly but hubby understands it and always lets me sit in the aise seat even if it means bad seats at the theater. There was a time we went to a hockey game in Vancouver and by 2nd period I was a basket case and we had to leave. What a waste. They were center center AWSOME seats for someone not agoraphobic and emet but AWFUL AWFUL for me.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I have the same problem...I always sit by the door at class and I freak out during tests because I know I'm not allowed to leave the room until I'm finished. I've rushed through many tests just because I couldnt stand being forced to stay in the room any longer. One of my teachers asked me if the test wastoo hardbecause I looked so upset and then ran out of the room when I was done.

This problem is the worst for me though if I try to stay at someone else's house. Like one ofmy friend's bedroom is at the opposite end of the hall as their bathroom and she likes to lock her door at night when we sleep. So I sit awake all night planning out what I could do if I had to V*. Like I memorize where her trash can is and plan the fastest route to the door and practice unlocking it as fast as I can. I don't know if this is more extreme than most of you or not, but it sucks.

I also have to have a clean floor in any room I sleep in because I don't want to trip over anything if I have to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I always make my boyfriend mad when he's here because I take time to clean the room before bed every night. And I scream at him if he leaves his shoes in the middle of the floor or something. So, yeah, I def know what you guys are talking about. It's weird because I just had a panic attack at Pizza Hut like 2 days ago because of that and then I got on here and read what you said. Emets need to come together and sue Pizza Hut for causing us so much anxiety! I just want some freakin pizza! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]JK!

-Kira

does anyone else spit in the toilet after they use it? (srry for the info)
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

i only do that when i feel queasy already. like if i'm freaking out about v*ing and i go to the bathroom sometimes i spit like trying to do that instead of v*ing. i dont know if that's what you were talking about or not.

Heheh glad I am not the only one that makes sure the path is clean. I have always done that. In fact I use to do the memorizing where the trashcans were and in my own bedroom I would often leave the door open a tony smidge so I knew exactly where the door was so I could get to it and opne it fast if I needed to.

I still make sure there is nothing in the hall or on the floor in my way. My husband doesn't know why I do it he thinks I am just being tidy, Then I make my plans too (not like I did when I was younger) in case there are people in the bathroom and I can't get in. that was always a fear for me but in all my years it never happened.

[img]uploads/images/Melikasa/sad_angel.gif[/img]

jacksparrows - i just read an article about emets who spit in the toilet after they use it. is it like you feel that if you spit in the toilet every time you won't have to v*? but you think if you dont spit then you will? that's what the article said and apparently a lot of emets have this problem. so don't worry, you're not alone!
    -<-(@
    Kira
    -<-(@

That's funny. I never thought about it till now but when i was younger like maybe 9 or so or up till about age 9 I use to do that. I forgot all about it and I am not sure when or why I stopped.

I remember one time my mom was sitting with me because I was soo scared I was going to be sick. I was suuuure I was going to be sick and my mom kept saying just let it happen" and I would spit and tell her I didnt want to.

I wonder where that stems from? and why so many emets do it.

I usually do it when I feel nauseous because of the saliva that builds up right before you V*. I think that if I spit it out it won't happen. It's like our version of V*ing i think. I don't know. That just seems to be my reason.
    -<-(@
    Kira
    -<-(@

thats great that im not alone

I don't think I've ever really done the spitting thing... but I definitely scope out all exits, bathrooms, trash cans, etc. no matter where I am. I usually try to sit in the aisle seats and on the outside in booths... but sometimes, if someone else takes those seats first, I will just sit on the inside to avoid having to explain why I "have" to sit on the outside. People already think I'm weird enough!

I went through a phase in 6th grade, where I had to have something that I could v* into beside my bed every night, just in case I had to in the middle of the night. I went to bed with a stomach ache every night for nearly an entire year just thinking about it. I think it was because, at that time, I had realized that the majority of times in my life, when I had v*ed... I woke up in the middle of the night to do so.

The year after that, I was trying to get away from the trash can thing... so I ended up sleeping on the couch in the living room, which was closer to the bathroom than my bedroom was. My mom always just thought that I was scared to sleep in my room by myself... which didn't make sense because I would sleep in the living room by myself! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Now, in my dorm room... my trash can is across the room, and the bathroom is right across the hallway (which is good and bad, for obvious reasons). When I'm not feeling well, I will leave a light on to make sure I'll be able to find my way to the trash can if necessary. I really want to set it next to my bed... but I think it might make me more nervous having it right next to my bed... and I don't want to give in to my fear that much, so I fight my urges and leave it on the other side of the room (whichreally isn't far away!).

<Zachary>Edited by: symphonicfaith
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

That's weird that you said you were more afraid at night because I have the same problem. I get really anxious when it starts getting to be night time because I also find that when I'm sick it wakes me up in the night. I used to not be able to fall asleep until after 2:35am because that was the time that I had gotten sick once.

Also, when I travel, I usually stay in youth hostels to save money. Most of them have common restrooms which are not in the rooms. This freaks me out and I usually have panics attacks and get little sleep in those situations. The first thing I always do is find out how close my room is to the bathroom.
    -&lt;-(@
    Kira
    -&lt;-(@

has anyone ever has someone V- in the public restroom?

Sydoz,

That is so funny! My time was 2:51am! I still freak out when I see that time on the clock!

Jaksparrow,

Yep, once in a restaurant, (I was on a blind date), I went to the bathroom and happened to look under the stall next to mine and I noticed that the feet were facing the wromg way!! Then I heard it happening, so I ran out of there so fast, I didn't wash my hands, or even really pull my pants up all the way!!! Then I had to pull it together and go back to my date. Not so fun.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Only once was I ever in the bathroom where someone did. I usually try to avoid public washrooms but this was at a movie theater and I was totally freaked we couldn't even stay to finish the movie. We missed the end of Gladiator[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. SIghh. The girl came out and laughed with her friends after though and was like talking about how she shouldn't have eaten so much. I think that is what bothered me as well. [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Yes... i have had someone v* in a public bathroom....

story time... i was at junior prom and my friend wanted me to go to the bathroom with her... and nothing had ever happened to me in a public bathroom before so i wasn't scared.. well i was washing my hands and this girl came in and couldn't make it to the stall so she reached for the trashcan... it was one of the most horrible nights of my life... i was punching and screaming at people to get out of my way cause i had to leave... and shaking and running.. it was pretty bad.

so now when i go into a public bathroom i always check everybodys feet in the stalls to make sure they are facing the right way... and i hurry...FAST!
    The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

I'm not really too afraid of seeing other people v* unless I think it's something I can catch.If they're just drunk it doesn't bother me. Although it's still not a pleasant reminder when you're trying to have fun and your greatest fear is slammed in your face. harmonygirl - that's funny that you had a time too...the longer I'm on this site the more I realize I'm not the only one with all these strange little habits I have.
    -&lt;-(@
    Kira
    -&lt;-(@

This bathroom and exit thing - I thought it was just
    me, I am so relieved to know I am not on my own.

Spice, I used to think I was on my own with a LOT of things I do, until I found this site. If you're anything like the rest of us (which you probably are), then you'll probably not find anything that someone here can't relate to.

As far as having someone v* in a public restroom... I don't think it's ever really happened to me, though I've had some close calls. One time in the restroom at school, I was using the restroom during lunch (stupid of me!) when a guy ran in and either v*ed or spit into the sink. I don't know which it actually was, because I ran out pretty quickly [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] In my dorm last year, I was sitting in the lounge area with some friends on a Friday night, and two guys come through the door, one of which lived on my floor... and was really drunk, so the other guy was dragging him around. They went around toward the guy's room, and we hear him say "Are you gonna spew?" At which point I freak out and cover my ears, and my friends look at me funny.... then right asI think the coast is clear, and uncover my ears, I hear this guy v* VERY loudly from the restroom [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img] So I jump up and say, "Um.... let's go into your room and shut the door!" as I point at my friend whose room is farthest from the restroom.

Anyway... that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it, haha [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

&lt;Zachary&gt;
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

Heheh I was famous for covering my ears. I use to do it when my husband jumped up and ran for the bathroom. Now I know it is because he has a nosebleed or the trots from salad.

I would hear him cough and I would freak out. Part of me would want to listen to make sure he was ok the other part of me hid under the covers and covered my ears.

One time when I was quite young I had to ride in the car with a sick niece (she was only sick from being spun on the tire swing and she never got sick again but I rode the WHOLE way home with my eyes SQUEEZED shut and my hands over my ears and I was squished as far into the corner of the car as I could.A;; I kept thinking about was how fast I could get out of the car and where the danger spots were (like where the car couldn't be pulled over)

I did the same thing in a car once! My aunt had gotten sick from an amusement park ride (which I saw from afar!), and the whole way home, I was afraid she would do it again, so I sat crouched on the floor with my eyes and ears covered!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."