Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Safe foods...

What are some relatively safe foods to eat that wouldn't typically cause food poisoning? I am paranoid to put ANYTHING in my mouth...anything store bought in packages, the only things I eat without someone eating it 12 hours before me is steamed vegetables and potatoes, anyone know any info on this? thanks

I guess friut is a "safe" food - wash apples or strawberries before eating if you are worries.

What about food in wrappers (eg chocolate) is that ok for you?

Quorn should be ok - its a mushroom based product (meat alternative).

Pasta? That should be safe...with a jarred sauce, like homepride creamy tomato and cheese sauce.

Has something happened to trigger this or is it linked to your emet?
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Here is my list of safe foods:
    PB&amp;J sandwiches
    tortillas and cheese
    crackers and PB
    apples and cheese or apples and PB
    pickles
    peanuts
    diet soda
    soda
    kool-aid
    candy
    frozen waffles

I know the list isn't healthy, but when I'm freaking out and my emet is in full force - those are about the only foods I will touch. They tend to be bland and give me energy. Yes, I am addicted to peanut products, but I'm also vegetarian.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just find that I worry so much about what I eat...I mean its like once every few years you hear a story of recalled food, so I pretty much worry about anything...There was a time i wouldn't drink bottled water just in case...This started when I went to a restaurant 2 years ago and had a beer and all of a sudden felt really sick and went to the bathroom and dry heaved I thankfully didnt actually v* but it was a wakeup call that it could happen to me, I could actually become sick ( I used to think that maybe if I was lucky and got SV or FP I would just have D* ) So since then I have been super careful eating anything...

Well try this:

all fruits and vegetablesif you wash them well

meat- only fresh, dont eat at fast food restaurants, fry it very well

fish- i dont knowe but i dont like to eat it...

sweets- everything that dont considere milk or eggs are safe, with milk and eggs must be in fridge.

If the taste of food itsnt good dont eat it!