Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

First I gotta say, how's everyone doing?? I know i haven't been around in a while, I went back to work and I am on midnights so my sleeping is all screwed up!! Anyway, I went to the doctor yesterday to have my stent taken out, and I found out that I will need surgery again on my kidney. This time I have to have litrotripsy. I have a 6mm stone in my bad kidney and I have to get it removed before it tries to pass on its own, then I will have to get another stent put in. Why does my luck suck so bad when it comes to my heath?? This will be my 5th freakin surgery on the same damn kidney. I hate this. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Sorry for the rant, just very upset, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had lithrotripsy and how did it work for you?

Thanks,

Michele

I haven't personally had the surgery myself no and im sorry I cant provide any useful information,I just wanted to say im sorry this is happening to you through out this time in your life with emet or altogether really..

Im sending you all my hugs warm thoughts and support I can manage..

Keep ranting hun,its always needed

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I haven't had this procedure, but my stepdad did (I think?) and it went very well. I know I'm not much help, but thought I'd try to add a bit of ressurance and let you know how sorry I am you have to have something ELSE done
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

i'm sorry to hear that you need surgery! i don't personally know anybody who has gotten this surgery, but i wish you the best of luck, you're in my thoughts!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I've never even heard of the procedure you need, so I am sorry I can't help either. I'm sorry to hear that your health hasn't been that good - I hope that this procedure will fix the problem, and that you will go on to live a long and healthy life, and that you will get your energy back.

Keep ranting if you need to, its best to vent your thoughts and frustrations rather than bottle them up. Good luck with it and keep us updated on how things go.

I have had kidney stones, but never required surgery for them. Do you have a lot of pain with them? I have been lucky and didn't need any pain medication. However, I am having surgery on May 4 to remove a cyst on my ovary, and possibly my ovary, as well.

I'm sorry Michele, I know how you were so looking forward to the last surgery as being the last surgery. Do your best to hang in there, you've come so far. We are all praying for you here, keep up your spirits as best you can.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Michele--I'm sorry you are still having so many issues with your kidney. I have never had lithotripsy done but I've SEEN it done when I was in nursing school. The thing I remember most was a very loud clicking noise while the laser zapped the stone. The patient I was observing had only slight pain and no n/v. It was pretty quick, I'm thinking only 15-20 minutes. I hope it goes well for you. Please keep us updated!

Good luck!

Jess

I had surgery last week. In my mouth.

You will handle it!

regards!!!

Hey Michele, My husband does lithotripsy for a living. where do you live? it is a safe procedure. you are sedated for it. and yes it is very loud. the procedure usually takes 45 min. most people bruise after. my husband is not home yet but if you have any questions i hope i can help good luck.

when are you having your stone broken?

I have a 6mm stone that has to be broken because I already have a very narrow urteter. Can you ask your husband if he knows if it is pretty standard for them to put a stent in after the surgery? Will it hurt when I pass the stone fragments? Thanks so much reblynd, it is nice to know that he will have alot of answers to my questions. Oh and I live in Michigan