Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have not been feeling like myself these past couple of days. I dont have much energy. I have a small headache. I was slightly nauseous. And constipated. I use an enema and got a lot of poo out of me. I'm drinking lots of water and I'm actually starting to feel a little bit better. My energy is being restored. I can just feel it. But what is wrong? Maybe the fact that I havent taken my multivitamin for a month is causing this. I felt like this before I started taking a vitamin and it left after a week or so of taking it. Perhaps I should start taking it again every day like I used to. Maybe I was slightly dehydrated? I also cannot eat. I have an appetite. Food sounds good to me but I'm scared to eat it because lately after I eat I feel nauseous. I had some cereal today and thats it. I cant make myself eat anything else. This isn't good. Uhhhh....Any idea whats up? Can stress and depression make you this way?Edited by: mystikal star
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Sometimes for no reason people lose their appetites. Non-Emets do it to. For no reason for a few days food just is unappealing or makes you nauseated. It could be cos you were constipated it might not be. But now you are worrying about it whatever the original cause was will disappear and you will still feel sick because you are anxious.

If you can't eat then don't eat. Simple as that, because right now you are putting pressure on yourself without knowing. Because you think you HAVE to eat and it WILL make you sick. If you think like that then yeah you will feel nauseated. Just take a few bites of food here and there, build up confidence.

Over analysing will cause this, constantly thinking about everything your body does and questioning it is not healthy. It is a symptom of anxiety and depression and the more you do it the worse you imagine things to be. Look at it this way. When i was at my worst anxiety wise, i had terrible stomach problems and was nauseated and convinced i would die. When the anxiety went so did the stomach problems. They felt so real to me at the time but they were actually just sumptoms of anxiety and of over analysing.

The food we eat is so important. Eating fruit and Veg and drinking lots of water makes an unbelievable difference. and because you seem to have bowel problems a lot i would think about changing your diet.

So please just at least try and stop analysing so much (easier said than done I know) You are unlikely to puke from what is going on, there is nothing majorly wrong. Your body feels nauseated, so eat lightly and drink lots of water and in a day or two it will pass. Focussing on your stomach too much makes you imagine all sorts of horrors

Feel Good Soon

X
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Something is wrong though. I usually don't feel like this all day long. Why do I have a headache? Why do I have heartburn when I'm harldy even eating. Why do I feel nauseous after I eat? I'm so tired of always thinking something is wrong with me!! My mind NEVER rests!!!!! I gotta work tomorrow. I'm scared to death. I'll quit. I will quit tomorrow. Im too stressed to be dealing with work and depression and this damn phobia. Watch me have some disease.

Sorry for being so negative.
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Hello there,

Im sorry your havin a rough time. I know just how you feel. I would get days like that, and think there was something wrong with me, or that I was gonna die.

Some days you just feel off, and the ONLY time to start worrying is when it doesnt go away after a few weeks.

Most likely you have a headache and heartburn from not eating. That can make you feel pretty cruddy. I know I went thro times where for about a week or so, I would feel nauseas everytime after I ate. I thought something was wrong, but it just went away, and never came back. Hippychick is right, lots of times our minds do crazy things like this because of anxiety. 9 times out of 10 when I thought soemthing was horribly wrong with me, it was nothing, because it was just my mind messin with me.

Don't quit your job, I know things get bad, and sometimes we feel pushed to the edge, where if we just hold on a bit longer, the feeling passes and we're okay again. MAybe cut back your hours some if you feel its too much?

Keep us updated on how you feel. I know sometimes things just get overwhelming.

i know how you feel cos im feeling sickly at the moment.
    Scared, terrified, panicking. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] wish i could talk to sum1 who understands.
    Layla xx

I'm still not feeling better. I'm starting to get nauseous. I took a Dramamine. OMG. What if I'm getting a stomach virus? I'm so scared. OMG.

This cant be from not eating. I usually feel great when I don't eat. Right now I feel tired, stressed, depressed, nauseous, gassy. I'm farting a lot.

I won't be able to sleep. I just want to cry and cry. I'm so scared I'll be sick.
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I dont think anything is wrong but your worrying. i think you might be actually "finding" things to worry about. forgive me if this has already been said as i didnt read many of the other replies but i think your fine.

lots of people have headaches, heartburn, constipated, and feel blah. but they shrug it off as nothing because thats what it is. i think you are overworking yourself.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh