Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ugh. I'm having one of "those" nights. It's 2 am and I am letting my thoughts get the better of me.

My daughter came into bed with us about 45 minutes ago and I kind of woke up and let her in. Then 20 minutes later, I woke up again and could hear her scratching her arms (she has eczema and does this at night sometime--she has creams and medicine but sometimes they don't always work). I looked over at her and noticed she was still awake. Which freaked me out because why couldn't she sleep? I felt her cheeks and she wasn't feverish. The TV was on but muted and that usually doesn't keep her up, but I told her I was going to the couch so she and Daddy would have more room to sleep and turned the TV off. She just smiled at me and rolled over. So here I sit, afraid to go back in there and check if she's sleeping or not because if she isn't then I know something is wrong. And my stomach is "off" a little, not bad but not quite right.

So now I've been sitting here a while with the TV on thinking about stuff and remembered this morning--may be graphic--my younger son stepped in something outside the restaurant where we had breakfast and I was afraid it was you-know-what. So I took my antibacterial wipes and scrubbed the bottom of his shoe (couldn't see anything, but you know) and then got a fresh one and scrubbed my hands. What if that was "it?" and what possessed me to feel like i had to clean the bottom of his shoes? But if I hadn't I would have worried about his dirty shoes. You know, I'm sitting here re-reading this thinking I am a crazy woman for working myself all up like this, but I can't help it!

I guess I'm posting here just because I needed to get it all out. How ridiculous is it that I can't sleep because of all of this nonsense?! My daughter not being very sleepy and me cleaning my son's shoes? How ridiculous is that?! It's discouraging, too, because I feel like I'm losing progress against emet because I used to always not worry about v* for at least a couple of months after a sv* (I had one a month ago) because I feel like I've had my turn and my immunity is built up. But here I am worrying again.

Thanks for reading if you got this far. Back to my old friend Nick at Nite.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Your son could have stepped in anything. You never know what's on the streets. It could have just been food that someone dropped. If it was you know what, then you used antibacterial wipes, so that would have killed the germs.

As for your daughter, maybe she's just not that tired. Has she had a nap today? Or maybe her eczema is just bothering her. Look at us....we're not sleeping!

Hope this helps.

Thank you, you're right, she was probably itchy which is what woke her up in the first place. Thanks for your words of sanity It helps a lot--sometimes just to know I'm not the only one awake at this hour!! Hope you can sleep soon!

Paula...I hope all is well and I am sure it is. We went through this last week after my son was sick in the middle of the night from Thursday to Friday. I put him in our room in a chair and he and I sat and watched T.V. I was worried he would V* again in his bed, so we sat up and it was nice and peaceful. Well...the next night at 2:30,he came in and said he felt sick again and wanted to watch t.v. with me again. Turns out, he was fine, but liked the t.v. in the middle of the night thing. We nipped that in the bud then and there. Anyway, I am sure your daugher is fine and i bet ot was the itching. I have bad allergy problems and I itch a lot too, and it does keep me up sometimes.

Hope you guys got some sleep and that you can relax. As for the shoe thing...find a grass area or a clear spot on pavement next time and let him slide his foot around to get gross stuff off. I am certain it wasn't V*, so don't worry about what you did, plus, using the wipes fixed any passage of germs.

Sorry you are having sucha rough time.. I hate it for any of us to be so stressed.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Thanks It's morning, we went to church, I'm right now at my favorite bagel place while my kids are in Sunday School. She is fine, I think she just honestly wasn't tired because she woke up just great today and is in a happy mood!

My stomach's been bothering me a little lately which doesn't help. I started on bc pills again and I think they're upsetting me physically and emotionally.

Thanks again everyone.

Glad your daughter is ok. Dont worry about worrying. I am the same.

God bless and big hugs from England

Fifi

xxxxxxxxxx[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Awwhhh.... Glad to know everything turned out okay.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof3

So now I've been sitting here a while with the TV on thinking about stuff and remembered this morning--may be graphic--my younger son stepped in something outside the restaurant where we had breakfast and I was afraid it was you-know-what. So I took my antibacterial wipes and scrubbed the bottom of his shoe (couldn't see anything, but you know) and then got a fresh one and scrubbed my hands. What if that was "it?" and what possessed me to feel like i had to clean the bottom of his shoes? But if I hadn't I would have worried about his dirty shoes. You know, I'm sitting here re-reading this thinking I am a crazy woman for working myself all up like this, but I can't help it!

Don't feel too bad about this -- I always have a small bottle of bleach in my trunk. If I think I or someone else with me has stepped in "it", I pour a small puddle of bleach on the ground, and we step in it. Then we walk arounf for a minute to shake off the bleach, then get into the car. It makes me feel that we're "sanitized".
    ~*~Charlene~*~