Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just woke up from a dream that was SO real and SO scary...I couldn't tell if I was awake or asleep for several minutes. I went downstairs and got my 13 year old and made him come upstairs because my dream was about him dying and me trying to get to him. Now he's in my room and I'm out here because I feel sick and like "d". I just took a promethazine and a clonazepam and am waiting for it to kick in. I don't know what is wrong with me I am supposed to meet someone tomorrow night (first date in many years) and I was anxious about that when I went to sleep but I can't imagine it could have this much of an effect on me. God I hate this...this is why I don't want to sleep at night. I'm so scared, I am feeling sick I just want it to go away.

Kathleen

Sorry you are feeling so bad. It is horrible to have such a bad dream about losing someone close to you. I have a recurrent dream about losing my mum. I even had to ring her up in the middle of the night once just to make sure she was o.k.

You may be anxious about your date and maybe that is why you feel so sick or maybe the dream has upset you and made you feel like this. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you so much for writing back so soon. I'm reading the forums and it is tremendously helpful to see other people writing things that I swear I could have written myself (word for word!). I can't help myself but I keep thinking, "I've got this worse than everyone else because I'm more scared"....is that horrible or what? Everyone sounds so brave on here...I am not at all brave like everyone else who feels nauseated all the time or who aren't afraid of that feeling. I'm rambling now, sorry it's the panic.

Kathleen

I am sure you are braver than you think. You really can not help feeling so scared. I can cope better with myself being ill than anyone else. It still makes me panic, but if one of my children or my husband are ill then I completely lose it.

Try and relax ( I know that is easier said than done!). I hope you feel better soon and manage to get some rest.

Thanks, believe it or not I feel completely (95%) better now! THANK YOU GOD!!!! (and you too hehe)

I'm going to try to go to bed as soon as I know it's truly over. Thanks again.

Kathleen
    \"Love may not make the world go round but it sure makes the trip worthwhile\"