Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

HI All, I've just been waiting for it to happen and it has. My daughter woke up sick at 6:30 am on the dot this morning. She's 3 and she woke up next to me with a start an proceeded to get sick. Luckily, I have a towel handy in bed for occassions like this. It wasn't bad. She didn't even cry after doing it. She's not running a fever and isn't complaining of a tummy ache. I figure I'll be safe of it not being a sv* if she doesn't do it again soon. Right? My son had fallen asleep in her room lastnight with us. He woke up when I tried to put him in his bed to keep him away from any possible germs. It's been over a year since I had to deal with this kind of thing. I'm somewhat calm, I guess. Just rambling now in this post as I try to convince myself of this. I'm drawing on my past experiences with this board and how most of you have handled these situations over the past winter season.

She went for her preschool testing on Friday. I guess if she picked anything up it would have been then? It's been a half an hour. I'll check back later.

I really hope your daughter is feeling better now. It is so hard when children are young as they do not really give us any warning. I think you are doing a great job and well done for staying somewhat calm. If your daughter is not complaining of tummy ache and has no fever then hopefully it is not a sv. Children can v* for all sorts of reasons. I know how bad you must be feeling and my thoughts are with you. I hope your daughter gets well soon.

Thank you for your kind words Curly Wurly. I appreciate it. It's been about 50 minutes since she did it. She has hiccups now. I gave her some applejuice water down only a few sips though.

If your daughter has gone 50 minutes without v* then hopefully this is a good sign. When my son had an sv several weeks ago it was happening every 20-30 minutes after the first episode, so hopefully your daughter will be o.k. now. I hope you are o.k. You are being very brave and seem to be coping so well. I hope it is over for you now.

Well, she's still okay, but my husband just got up and said he was going in late to work because he had been up all night s*. This is great. He had it a couple of weeks ago, but none of us got it. Now, I don't know what to think. I'm still okay not having a full blown panic attack yet.

Poor you! You must feel terrible, but you are doing so well. I would be having a massive panic attack by now. I think I find my husband the hardest of all to deal with when he is ill. Maybe it is because he is usually so strong.I hope everyone is well soon. I will be thinking of you.

Well, all seems well. It's been about 3 1/2 hrs since she was sick. She's back to sleep. I guess it was just reflux or something. My husband is still in bed though. I actually went back to sleep for about an hour. Can't believe I handled this so well. Thanks again to Curly Wurly for your support!!

Well done! You have handled this fantastically. You have been so brave. I am glad your daughter is feeling better. I hope your husband soon feels better.

Well, my husband got up and seemed fine for awhile was even outside doing light yard work, when he starting v* again outside (thank god). My daughter got up at noon and has been eating saltines and drinking water downed apple juice. She's pooped twice since getting up, maybe it's coming out the back end instead. I'm remarkably calm and I don't know why. Yes, I still have the complusion to get up and lysol as soon as someone leaves the bathroom, but I actually sat typing away on the computer while my husband was doing it in the bathroom and I didn't feel the complusion to get up and leave. I only hope I react this way if my son or I get this bug. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I'm really impressed at the way you handled this. I probably would have freaked and wouldn't be eating anything but coke and saltines for 2 days. Way to go!

How is your family now? I hope everyone is feeling better.

My daughter was totally back to normal by yesterday afternoon. Well, enough to be ripping around the yard on harley hotwheels bike. Only let her do a few spins though. My husband on the other hand is taking longer to bounce back. He was really wiped about and n* when I got home at 7:30. I gave him two Dramanine tablets and sent him to bed. He got up to go to work, but came home and hour and half later and went back to bed. He says he's just drained. My son and I were both okay lastnight. I figure if he and I make it past the 48 hr mark, we should be okay.

I just hope the virus they had isn't the one where your fine for a day and then get it back again 2 days later. I'll try to put that thought out of my mind for now. As far as the eating thing, I'm eating really light and eating nothing at all at night. I had a wave of n* after eating breakfast but it was just nerves, I sat down for a few minutes and was fine. Thanks again to you guys for your support and kind words, I really appreciate it!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] My daughter is also 3 and woke up last night. She has gotton sick 3 times and goes to the bathroom alot. I reallyhope it was maybe something she ate.

Oh no! I hate this time of year!!!!! Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!