Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This may or may not make sense to a lot of people, but at the sake of sounding weird, I have to know if there is anyone on the planet that feels this way...

I have always dealt with stress in my life very poorly. I am an over-achiever who pushes my self too much and I am entirely too hard on myself. I realize that I do this, just don't quite know how to stop. Anyways, the point is that I carry my stress in my body. It either manifests itself in a stomache (IBS), a headache, or severe back pain. I know that these things are stress related, but I don't know how to manage my stress better. I do everything that I am told to do such as healthy diet, exercise, deep breathing, reading,etc. (except, I do smoke). Nothing is helping and I am flat out sick of it!!!

Can anyone else relate?? I don't want to be a complainer, just hurting constantly doesn't help my outlook on life I guess.Anyone felt like that and got better about it?? Anything would really help at this point, feeling pretty alone. Especially after my husband told me last night that "normal people don't feel like this." I know that he is right, still sucks though.

im sorry i dont know what to tell you. but maybe you could visit a therapist or chriopractor for massages whenever you feel stressed. A therapist would maybe help you sort out the problems, and a chiropractor might help to aleviate the physical pain. good luck!

-hayley

Hi silver -

Actually your husband is wrong. A LOT of normal people feel like this. If there was an easy solution there wouldn't be so much IBS, migraines, back pain, etc. I don't have a solution for you, the only thing that has seemed to help me is getting on meds, but i just wanted you to know you are not weird or unusual, this is very common in a good part of the population.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip