Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I got some of the frozen Smart Ones Desserts the chocolate cake one and it says not to refreeze. I know that it was an hour before I got mine in the freezer this weekend and I'm afraid it had already thawed since when I put one out on the counter a bit ago it thawed in about 30 minutes. I ate a couple of bites but was afraid that it had spoiled because it probably had thawed out already before I even got home with it. Am I worrying for nothing?? Now I'm worried that I ate some of it and it was bad!!!!

I'm sorry I am not sure what sort of dessert you are talking about but I thought I would respond to you as I see that no-one else has.

I'm sure you will be fine. Frozen things do take AGES to defrost and although it says "do not refreeze" it probably also says "thoroughly defrost".

Please do not worry I'm sure everything will be ok. Someone from the States might be more knowledgeable that me about this type of dessert and be able to offer you more helpful advice.

Stay well [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

It is a general rule not to defrost things and then put them back in the freezer...they say thi sbecause when things are being defrosted they are out of the cold for along time, i think if it was out for more than 2 hours you should be concerned, but I think your ok after just an hour...it didnt have enough time to grow bacteria

I really don't know what in a chocolate cake dessert could make you sick even if it was out for a DAY, honestly.

hey, I know this is days later. I'm sure you were fine from it because the
    same thing happened to me. About a month ago my mother bought the
    chocolate brownie things and defrosted them for us for after dinner. We
    were so full, so she put them back in the freezer and we ate them the next
    day! Had I known she did that, I prob wouldn't have eaten it either! but, we
    were fine. choc it up to the millions of preservatives in smartones. but they
    are yummy.