Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do any of you ever worry about what you eat for supper or what you feed your kid(s) in case a tummy bug hits in the middle of the night?

Have served sp. noodles or plain soup ....and that's it before...no, you are not weird
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

That's what I'm thinking about doing tonight. Noodles are sounding awful good for a paranoid supper and my son will love it. Hubby won't though......he does know I'm neurotic though....ha

I always worry about what I feed my children for their evening meal. I make them eat early so it has plenty of time to digest before they go to bed. My children both have such monster appetites and sometimes I sit at the table with them and actually hope they will not clear their plates, but they always do. Then I am the boring mum who tells them they have to play quietly after meals so they do not get a tummy ache. If for some reason my children do not clear their plates I immediatelyassume they have a sv, so the poor little ones can't win. Bless them!

Me too! My son LOVES spaghetti but I am always scared to make it. And he has already learned that it freaks mommy out to say that his tummy hurts. Of course I'm not one to push him to clean his plate but my husband is the opposite. I've broken him of it some with his kids (we only have them 2 nights a week and every other weekend) and he's getting better with my son. But if my son doesn't eat his supper then he usually wants a snack right before bed. Well, he usually wants that anyway. Then, like you, when he doesn't want to eat or says he's not hungry, I automatically assume the worst. I make him eat a tums and badger him about his tummy until my hubby tells me to stop. Poor kid!!!!!

Every night before I eat I wonder whether "this will be the night......."and I end up trying to tell myself that even if it is "the night" theres nothing I can do about it....... so I end up having a bad nights sleep worrying and this goes on.......

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I know exactly what you mean, I had chicken noodle soup for lunch today and it had loads of carrots in it, and I thought... "I wonder if I'll be seeing these again today...".

It makes me chuckle now thinking about it but also kind of sad at the same time.

I do this a lot too . . . . for both myself and for my daughter since I'm so scared of one of us getting an sv* in the middle of the night. I worry all the time and try hard not to let my daughter snack after dinner - just incase! This phobia is sooooo horrible!

ONLY EVERY f***ING DAY OF MY LIFE!!! [img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]

I am constantly worrying about what to feed the family for supper. So, I burn the meat and then no one wants to eat, so everyone is snacking later and that makes me nervous, too!

I wonder how much food I waste because of this s***. I am always cleaning stuff out of the fridge and more than likely throwing out perfectly good food.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Ok, y'all sound just like me. I just ate plain pasta with a few
    peas thrown in. My son fell asleep on the way home from the
    babysitter's and won't wake up. At least he won't eat anything -
    ha ha. So naturally I am sitting here thinking he is sick.
    Especially since the sitter told me that 2 of the kids had the dreaded
    sv over the weekend. They are brothers and neither of them nor my
    son were at the sitter's on Friday and they weren't there today so I'm
    hoping and praying my kid and the rest of the kids won't get it.
    But of course I will stress and worry and be anxious about it all week
    long.

I'm also wondering will I see the pasta and peas again. Like you, laneyb, 'will this be the night'???????

And why is it, btw, that most of the time a sv rears its ugly head in
    the middle of the night????? That just makes it 10 times worse.

Hell, I worry a lot about eating meat. If my mother is making Chicken curry (Spicy + high risk food can't be good) or poultry for dinner, it's a constant worry. Mom doesn't tend to care nor worry about undercooked food.

A few years ago, about 7 months after my Salmonella incident, I remember being frightened out of my wits because mom made some kebabs. I asked if they were chicken, she said yes. I took a bite and it had pink juice dripping from it, the chicken on the middle inside it was almost frozen, whilst the outer parts were hot. I had accidently swallowed it, then freaked out like a spazoid. I ran around almost screaming because I thought I would get Salmonella again.

I didn't sleep, hoping to keep my immune system awake. Then I remembered that coke is VERY acidic. I gulped down about 3 cans in a few minutes and felt a wave of n* just sweep over me (ooh no, god please no) but, within 10 minutes, I emitted an enormous belch, felt fine. The next few days I was a little worried but I was fine. No diarrhoea, not even a glint of nausea.

I guess that also sets a good example to show that if you are ever afraid because you've eaten slightly pink meat or poultry, it doesn't mean you WILL get sick, and I had the immune system of a 13 year old!!!

Yes, I don't like my kids eating after 6 pm. I work second shift part time frm 4 to 8 and make sure my husband adheres to this regiment. I let them have one snack of like chips or a few cookies. I limit night time snacking to bare minimum. I figure the less they have on their stomach when the witching hour happens between 2 and 4 usually, there won't be as much content to make a repeat performance. Your not weird its something some of us do to try and keep things under control.

Also, I don't eat dinner. I have a light snack but nothing heavy after 4 pm.

Oh my gosh. I can't believe how much we all have in common.

If there's any hint that my kids may be s* (something going around, someone not looking quite "right"), I won't make anything like spaghetti, etc. Has to be blah stuff.

Needless to say, we eat much more exciting meals in the summer
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I always wonder if I'll see my food again later on. I don't have kids so I don' thave to worry about that part of it, but for myself, I always think "oh god this will hurt coming up" or whatever. It ruins my meal but I eat it anyway. I tend to forget shortly afterwards though, which is kind of nice. The worst for me, for some reason, is meet and potatos. Like.. a full meal. Turkey dinners, roast beef dinners. I guess it just seems like so much food - I never want to see it come back up.

We all stress too much. Sometimes I look at our posts and just laugh. Like.. where are our brains? We pick EVERYTHING apart. I'm not trying to be insulting, I do it all the TIME - but its just sad, you know? We think everything to death, we analyze everything and worry about the future so much. And its all in terms of being sick. I wish I could just snap my fingers and make it stop.

Lisa

We definitely all stress too much. And to add to the stress for me, I have reflux and had to have an endoscopy done a couple of weeks ago. The doc found that after fasting for over 8 hours my stomach was still full so this Friday I have to go have some kind of xray scan done to see what's going on with my digestive system to see why my stomach isn't emptying properly. So now I worry that there is even more in my stomach to v* if I do get sick.

You're right though - we do pick everything apart. I'm even afraid to make plans for things because I think 'what if I get sick that day'.

Our posts are pretty silly sometimes....it's good that we can laugh about it....

Doxielover....

how strange...I am having the gastric emptying test done this friday also!!! I had severe nausea...belching...indigestion...the works for so long....feeling full after only eating small amounts....I had the colonoscopy done on Jan. 6th and they were supposed to do the endoscopy also...but according to the doc...i fought him and they could not get the tube down my throat...i was pissed...but oh well....i have done the endoscopy one other time and it did fine...so i don't know what the deal was this time...anyway i went back a week later and did the barium swallow..."YUCK" ...and they told me i had acid reflux!!!!!!!!! So I am on 2 prilosec a day for that....ok now, since they did not find any major problems in those tests...then that's it...i am on my own...nothing else we can do...so i take it upon myself to find out what's wrong with me and why i have been nauseated for about 10 yrs now....so i came across this "Gastroperesis" which is what you are describing you have...and i honestly think that's what i have also...so i called my gastro doc and requested the test.....he said fine...and i go this friday....i am excited and can't wait to find out if i have this or not.....b/c if i do...i can be on meds for it.....

Also i want to share with you that I have started eating differently for a week now...like when i fix my plate either for lunch or dinner....i make the whole thing smaller then i only eat half of that....it works...i promise...i don't get that nasty bloated nausea...and i just feel 100% better. It really really works...i also have ibs and so i really have to watch what i eat for that...for the reflux...and for this other too.....so i hope you will let me know how your test goes....let me know what you find out...it will be interesting. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh yeah, i forgot to tell you that ginger root pills do wonders for the nausea also...i take one after every meal just as a precaution.....K
    Kate

What a coincidence!!! I have had reflux since last May. I was taking 1 nexium a day until about a month ago. A few weeks ago I started having a weird feeling right below myribcage - sometimes it would be like pressure, sometimes kinda nausea, sometimes a little burning - hard to describe - just weird. I figured it had something to do with my reflux so I called my regular doc. He referred me back to a GI doc. He sent me for an ultrasound to be sure my gall bladder was ok (it was) and then did an endoscopy. That's when he found out my stomach wasn't emptying. He couldn't see what he needed to see in my stomach because it was full of food from the night before! He did find out that I have a small hiatal hernia and doubled my nexium. He also said the reason I'm having reflux is probably because of my stomach not emptying. The food has nowhere else to go but up. What a problem for people like us to have, right??!?!?!!!

Thanks for the tip on the ginger root pills. I'm going to get some today! I also take acidophilus tablets and papaya enzyme tablets because both are supposed to aid with digestion. I don't know if they really do any good but I figure they can't hurt!

Well, it all makes sense doesn't it...yes, we go through so much...and with the stress of emet...it's no wonder we feel sick so much...and then to add actual physical problems to it...makes it all the worse. Well, i get my ginger root pills at Walmart...so and they are pretty cheap to for a big bottle. I have thought about the digestive enzymes...i actually take Digestive Advantage/IBS........and they seem to help me alot also...well, this is so interesting...i will let you know what my tests results turn out to be...hopefully it will be good news one way or another.
    Kate

I forgot to mention I also have IBS. I was diagnosed with that after I had my son 4 1/2 years ago. I had a colonoscopy done when he was about 4 months old. I cried for 2 days before because I was convinced I had colon cancer (see, I'm neurotic in other areas as well - ha ha). Anyway, turned out I have IBS. Then it was more diarrhea and now I tend to be more constipated. I don't know which is worse!!! Where do you get the Digestive Advantage/IBS? I had given up on anything to help that.

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in this. Not that I'm glad you're going through it too because I wouldn't wish it on anyone but you know what I mean....I'll definitely let you know how my test turns out. I don't have an appointment with my GI doc again until the 27th - hopefully I don't have to wait until then to find out. Or maybe I can get in quicker with him....

I get the DA/IBS at Walgreen's......you would think that Walmart would carry it...but where i live, they don't. You could always check yours to see if they have it. I asked in our pharmacy at Walmart and they hadn't even heard of it...which is really strange to me...but anyway.....i think that if you gave them a try, you would find some relief...as they are for both constipation and diarreaha.....it will just balance you out which ever way you are. I have taken them for about 2-3 yrs now...and i love it...they taste just like candy...it's a chewable blue pill...and they are actually good to taste.....so it's just something i have to have. At first they may give you some gas...but that will subside after your body adjusts to them.

Please let me know what happens and i will add you to my pm list so that i can let you know about my test results....K
    Kate

I'll definitely let you know!!! Good luck.....

Thanks, you too.
    Kate

Yeah, i am thinking [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img].....

I worry about that, or what I'm making for dinner might make a food
    illness...or if we get take out. I sometimes obsess over it in my head.
    I love Sam

And I overcook the heck out of chicken &amp; pork!!! Just to be sure.......... I'm probably going to choke one of the kids one night from eating such dry chicken...ha ha

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Hey Kate, I was telling my hubby about you and how we had such similar gut problems and the same phobia and he wondered if I had a clone somewhere out there...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7