Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay you guys...I just need some reassurance. Or commiserating on how stupid I am!!!

On saturday my friend came back from a week in D.C. If any of you don't know what close-up is, it's this program that's in some U.S. high schools where, for a week, kids go to washington D.C. from all over the country to learn about the government. It's actually a lot more exciting than it sounds. Anyway, this meant that she was going to bed at about 1 AM and getting up at about seven. not the best sleep schedule!

So she came back on saturday, and that night we were volunteering at a "coffeehouse" to raise money for AIDS orphans in Zambia. We were wait staff for the beginning part of the evening, and at the end some local rock and ska bands come to play, so we just got to stay for that. :-D I drank out of her glass, not thinking that anything could be wrong...

I didn't see her sunday. Today she wasn't at school, and I assumed that she was just sick with a cold or something because more than half of the kids who went on closeup were sick. Then she calls me after school to ask for the homework in the classes that we share, and told me (after a LOT of pressing) that she v*ed once in the middle of the night on sunday. She said that it was so random and that she didn't feel any symptoms after except for her stomach hurting. She says that she thinks that it was food poisoning, because it really didn't feel like a stomach bug.

I don't know whether to trust her...she gets stomach bugs at least once a year, and has had two already this year, so i'm sure that she knows what a bug feels like. However, i'm really scared...I drank out of the stupid glass!!!! I'm so so stupid! I, of all people, should know not to do that. But, recently I've been getting really brave. Which is bad. I had that mindset, oh, it will never happen to me. But now i have drunk out of the same glass as someone who was sick the next evening!!! Gaaaahhh!!

I'm just so afraid that i'm going to get this, if it is a stomach bug. And i'm so hoping that it wont be....i have the feeling in the pit of my stomach like i'm getting a stomach ache. This is so not good. I'm just so scared...

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Anya,

I don't blame you for being scared, but don't freak out yet! And, you're not stupid. How should you have known this would happen? Chances are, if she only v*ed once and had no fever or other symptoms, she probably just ate something bad. Usually with a sv* you get achey, feverish, and you have v* or d* more than once. Sounds like she ate something that disagreed with her stomach. Don't panic and let us know how everything goes!

Kristina
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Ok lets just SAy she did have an SV, She didn't get sick until the night after you drank out of her cup...so she wouldn't of been contagious...AND I think you would have been sick by now for sure...I really doubt she had an SV...Stay clam, and get your mind off of it ( Easier said than done I know )

Well, her friend said it was more like food poisoning, did she have any other symptoms such as cramps or d*? If not, then it was very unlikely to be food poisoning. Otherwise, a virus that can cause a hurting stomach and possible v* is possiblya stomach bug.

I know how you feel scared (I freaked out today, I think I'm going to get Salmonella, I breathed in a fly from a rotton chicken carcess) but I'm remaining calm, mainly from studying emet and v*. If you get shaky-worried and can't stop thinking about it, you might feel better if you get some "extra reassurance" which is...

Anti-Emetics. Go to the chemist if you feel sick and ask for some anti-emetics. They halt v* symptoms and often help to rehydrate you.

One thing that's bugged me is that people seem afraid of diarrhoea more than v*. I know, it's stupid. I can handle flus,semi-dysentryand pneumonia, but not v*. They are making drugs for anti-diarrhoea, which is weird, it's an inconveniance, sure, but it's nothing to fear or be afraid of, so why try to avoid it. It's getting rid of a bad bug!

Anti-emetics, if not at your chemist,are available at your hospital. The only reason I sleep at night is because I keep a small box of them right next to my bed at night, I advise those who are worried, do the same, when you know the little white tablet next to you, can be swallowed and stop a horriffic event, it's calming.

Well for me it is. Anyway, I wish you the absolute best. I hoep you don't get sick, and I doubt you will.

-Jay rough