Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I haven't got the time to read any odd behaviour topics at the moment as I am about to leave. But just this lunch time, I was sitting on the ground when a friend kicked a bin over, 3 rotten chicken drumsticks rolled out to about 7 cm from me, with flies and what looked like a horriffic culture growing on it. (Visible bacterial culture? There must've been a lot of bactera.)

I panicked in my mind. I read that it is possible to inhale food poisoning. And knowing that 5 day old drumsticks in the warmth would be VERY infested with Salmonellae. I freaked out! I sprinted off into another area of the building, I had my breath held and finally emerged outside into the fresh air. Still I know it would be hard and rare to breathe it in, but I guess I don't have so much a fear of vomiting (I don't panic when someone is sick next to me, I watched my girlfriend hurl 20 times) but a fear of... well, aqquiring food poisoning.

Still, it's based on the same topic of v*. But I thought I'd mention it.I think I must've reacted the way an emetophobiac would've reacted if someone was suddenly sick right next to them.

Im like funny, if ever I see v* in thestreet, I hold my breath until Im way past it, also I dont breath when I walk past the toilets at work!!!

Im not sure that this is of any help healthwise, but it kinda makes me feel better!!!

Laney[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]