Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

but, I don't. This morning my hubby unit woke up w/ a sinus headache and he v* a little. He hadn't had a bad headache like this in 1.5 years (not that I've been counting, lol) and I was so mad at myself for acting the way I did. Basically, I ran out of the room and huddled in the corner of the living room covering my ears and signing "you are my sunshine." He came out a few minutes later and said he really didn't get sick, just had some heaves, but he felt better. He took some nose spray, sneezed about 20 times, and was hungry. I of course, couldn't stop crying and I just kept asking him over& over again if he was ok and if he felt sick. I had made so much progress and now its like I'm back to square one. I know I won't get sick from him because he didn't have a virus but I'm just upset that I acted the way I did.

Thanks all for listening...
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

You know what...i did the same thing not long ago...except a diff situation..my husband had been out with a friend to a Hooter's restaurant and then to a bar to drink and watch a bball game...so he comes home after 11pm and got into bed...i knew he was drunk..but i didn't know how bad....so anyway about that time he goes...oh wow i am spinning...well i made a bee line into my oldest son's room, and slept on his floor until 5 am.....only then did i preceed back into my bedroom, when i knew it was safe!!!!!!!!! So, no, you are not the only one doing crazy things In the name of emet....god help us all[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks for responding Kate. I just hate when I get like this, especially when I know he isn't sick w/a sv.

<a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I know...i felt like the biggest DORK on earth after what i did....i mean, i knew i would not catch it...but i didn't want to hear him doing it...that's what bothered me the most....and i just knew he was going to...but i really don't think he ever got up....i think he just passed on out. But still...it was just the thought of hearing him that sent me into a nightmare.....but then when i look back it, i think .....girl, you are a nutcase. But yet, i can't seem to shake it off....i would love for this s*** to just disappear and go away...maybe one day. Just know, you are not alone, and no one here would think we are nuts for doing what we do. How is your hubby now? I know when i had a bad cold, bladder infection, and a sinus infection all at the same time...the congestion alone running down the back of my throat was making me gag big time...so that's all that was with him.......i hope he is ok now and that you are having a better day[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

babygap 5,

That's the way is goes sometimes; 2 steps forward and 1 step back. You will have your good days and your bad days. You have to accept that and hang in there anddon't beat yourself up over it. You are human and it's going to have to hurt in order to heal.

happyteacher

I second what happyteacher said. My hubby has ulcerative colitis and sometimes he gets attacks in the middle of the night with d* and sometimes v*. I still go downstairs and put the tv on loud and block my ears. I wait for him to tell me it is safe. So don't worry too much, we all have these behaviors, and need to take small steps. Take care!