Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help

Ok My daughter woke up sick this morning and with d* too. She has gotten sick 3 times so its probably a sv* right.?

is she having a fever? has she v* or is it just d*?

She has no fever but has both v* and d*

it could be anything...but just be sure to keep you hands washed and any surfaces she may touch clean. i know in my area strep throat is going around which can cause d* and v*. has ahe ever had the sv* before?

She is ok now but now I am having a terrible panic attack because I probably will catch it if it is a sv*

She had sv* about a year ago and I ot it 3 days after she had it. Is there anyway I can prevent myself from v*?

there are some good meds if you have them. if not try dramamine. if it makes you feel any better my daughter is 4 and has had the sv* at least 8 times and i have never gotten it.

Thank you that gives me some hope. If I called my doctor what would I ask for? Something that can prevent it.

phenergan works great. i personally like zofran but it does not help the anxiety part.it hust controlls the n* and v*. phenergan will make you sleepy.

does you daughter go to school or does she stay home?

She stays home

how is she doing now?

So has anyone ever prevented v* by not eating?

She is napping out right now.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

whther or not you eat you will get sick ( the amount may be different though, I am assuming from what people have toldme ) You should ask your doctor for an anti emetic, explain your phobia and say because of the sv your daughter may have you need one to function right now How is she feeling now? How are you feeling?

she is ok. She has pretty bad d* and fever though. I just called my doctor to get promethazine. Will that work? I am praying i dont catch it.

Evelyn, I just had the sv a month ago. I took phenergan when it first started (got the d* first) and I did NOT v*. The last time I had it (a year ago) I didn't have phenergan and I still didn't v*.

Oddly, both of those times I didn't catch it from my kids!! When they have it I just make sure to wash my hands well and keep the bathroom lysol'ed.

Take care and hang in there!!!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

okay, this is really random, and i should be asking it somewhere else, sorry.

but whats sv mean?
    <font color=MAGENTA>You could\'ve told me why you had to go.
    I tried to tell myself==&gt; Just let him go.
    But I see your face ..
    It\'s everywhere I go.
    &lt;/3

</font>

<font size=\"4\">Rachel</font>

sv's an abbreviation for stomach virus

Evelyn, I'm really sorry! I don't know much about anti-emetics, so all I can say is to make sure that you wash your hands.

Keep us updated!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

When I got thesv*last year. I retched once and brought up, well a small amount of fluid and that was it. I had eaten anything and I think had I had something in my stomach other than the waterit would have been easier to be sick but on the other hand I think I would have been sickmore often. I didn't take anything cause always in the past I was able to fight off the urge to v*. I didn't take the proper precautions when cleaning up after my kids with usinghand sanitizer everytime after even washing my hands. I cleaned v* up off the rug with a sponge and resolve and didn't use glovesand I firmly believe ultimately that's why I got ill. Hopefully, with the medication and religious cleaning of your hands an infected areas you'll be okay. Good luck!! Edited by: zane2673

Hey when someone has a virus around my house- I stop eating... or a few saltine crackers... I may have D* but yet to V* . I was told that sugar makes you V* but yet Emetrol is all sugar...I have no idea so I just stay away from food for a day or two and I loose a few pounds and I have my insurance- I have yet to dry heeve either KNOCK ON WOOD i do have a very stong will though i'd rather die than V*. How can you get a script for that stuff? Your doc will give you that just cause you ask for it?

I got mine because I asked before I took a trip to the Caribbean. I told him that I was a little apprehensive about the different foods, etc. etc. and wanted to make sure I didn't get sick. I know others here have gotten it by being honest with their doctor. Imagine that [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]. But my dr. wasn't very understanding, and I didn't feel as thoughI could open up to him. So I changed doctors! I see her for the first time tomorrow. I'm thinking I will tell her about this miserable phobia.

Whoa, sorry for the digression lol.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>