Yes, this sort of thinking "makes sense" in the phobic way of making sense - lol! Let me put to rest for everyone that I've been cured of the fear of vomiting myself for about 20 years, and have only vomited once in that time, when VERY VERY ILL with chemotherapy, and the experience was a big fat nothing that didn't matter to me in the least. In fact, I wondered why the hell I had given up so many billions of hours of my life to worrying about it! Even in the past 4 years of being totally completely anxiety-free...I don't lead some sort of filthy disease-ridden lifestyle. I'm still clean and I don't eat chili that's been out on the counter all night or anything. I don't get sick any more or less than when I was phobic.

But others have alluded to the real point: your worst problem is NOT the fact that you might vomit one day. Your worst problem is ANXIETY - the fear of it! THIS is what you want to stop...(honestly, you do - you just don't know that you do - lol) You don't realy want to stop vomiting. Vomiting is just normal and natural and slightly unpleasant but over in 10 seconds anyway.

The thing is, to help yourself from having your whole life ruined by this phobia, it's important to keep telling your brain the real truth. That is, that it's NOT logical to think you need to have a debilitating phobia forever in order not to get sick, and that somehow you're better off in this life with a horrible anxiety disorder. That makes no sense. One part of your brain (the fear part) is fighting like hell to tell another part of your brain (the logical part) that you MUST STAY AFRAID in order to protect yourself. In order to be cured of the phobia, the logical part of your brain has to learn to "speak louder" than the fear part. [for those of you interested in the science, the fear part = the amygdala and the logical part = the neocortex]

Liz28 is right on! Your goal is to have no anxiety, then whether you're sick or not, you'll be experiencing nothing but peace, tranquility and joy!