Quote Originally Posted by sage
So whether you're cured of anxiety, or whether you're still anxious, you're EQUALLY susceptible to a virus! I have been cured of the fear of being sick myself for 20 years. I have vomited no less, no more in that time. Like...once in the last 20 years, in fact.

So inspiring, Sage! I wish with all my heart I could make myself think like that. I can see it's logical, but I can'tget it into my head!

But you know, it's so true! Up until I joined this forum, I didn't know what emetophobia was, and only every few months I would get a sudden panic attack, not half as bad as the ones I get now. I wouldn't even *think* about v*ing for weeks and weeks on end, I'd eat anything, from anywhere - yet I didn't get sick, not once. I had the fear, I just didn't think about it, and therefore it didn't rule my life. I really, really yearn for those days again...ignorance was bliss. Now I think knowing I have a phobia has made it worse, and it's so upsetting to know I have gone downhill since finding out about it...sometimes I think this site is a blessing and a curse in one, lol!

Does any of that make any sense?? I do have confidence that I can get back to the way I was, though - being healthy and carefree, but minus all this worry. I just need to find a way to do it.

Sage, you're living proof that it can be done!