Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help!!!!

Does anyone on here ever get urinary tract infections? I think I have one and feel really weird. I am scared can you v**** from this? Also does anyone recommend and treatments besides going to the doctors?

shar1015 - Don't worry, you won't v*! I've had one before and it just felt like severe period cramps. I do recommend going to the doctor because if it's an infection, you will likely need antibiotics to knock it out. In the meantime, try taking some Advil to alleviate the pain. Let me know if you have any questions!

Feel better!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Shar...i had this...and it turned into a bladder infection/kidney infection....trust me, you don't want that. It kills...the pain is bad...you really need to try to go get an antibiotic...i take Ceftin....250 mgs..it works and doesn't make me sick at all..i take it as soon as i eat a meal...twice a day...i have never had any trouble with that one...it's the only one i can take. You will be miserable if you don't treat the infection. Also go to Walmart or a drug store and buy those cranberry pills. It's better than trying to drink pure cranberry juice, which i tried[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]and it was horrid....good luck...K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I had it. You will not V because of that!!!!

Its really strange that you should send this post right now, as I think I have one too! I have felt offish since yesterday with a burning feeling in my lower abdomemn, then today I can not stop running to the toilet. I really do not want to go to the doctors, but I think I will have to. I have been prone to this kind of infection, since the age of 3. I really recommend that you do go to the doctors, as once I did not. I was on holiday with my husband in London for a week and did not want to make a fuss, but on the day of returning home I was really ill with such bad pains in my side and stomach. I was passing alot of blood (sorry too much info),I was having hallucinations and a really high fever and yes,v*.I ended up at the hospital and having to take 3 courses of antibiotics before I was completely back to normal. I have always gone straight away to the doctor since then which is why I am going to ring up in a minute however much going to the doctors scares me. I really think you should make an appointment. I hope you feel better soon.

I actually have antibiotics left over from last time i had one. I started taking them. Should I still go to the doctors?

I have had them., and never V*, and always got a prescription for them. Someone told me to drink 1 full glass of 100% cranberry juice when I first feel a UTI coming on, then drink another full glass that night. I swear by this, and it has worked for me a handful of times--I NEVER got a full-on UTI when I did this. Just a thought if you feel another one coming onb in the future.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I agree with californiagirl......i've tried the drinking cranberry juice when I felt a UTI coming on, and it usually cures it quick! One time I had done that , but I already had a doctor's appointment....and by the time I got to the doctor, he was like, "there's nothing wrong with you". Cranberry juice works wonders...
    ~Mandi~

I need some cranberry juice, but since I have 2 sleeping children I will have to wait until tomorrow.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

How are you feeling now shar? I hope you feel better soon.

Well I feel a little better now I made adrs appt. Luckily I already had some antibiotics left over from last time so I am taking them until I see him.

Just get it taken care of, the worst nausea I ever had was when I didn't go to the dr. for a UTI and it went into my kidneys!!!

I agree with the previous posters, please go to the doctor. I get them everyonce in a while and they only get worse in time. I have never V* from one but definatly get nausea from the pain. Also when you get the antibiotics be sure to take them all, not just until you feel better, that is very important. Also you will probably benefit from yogurt with live cultures and real cranberry juice Feel better!

thanks all of you. You are all a great support system. I am so glad I found this website.

Shar....sorry, I have to jump in here and play nurse...ALWAYS FINISH ALL YOUR ANTIBIOTICS!!!!!!!!! You should not have antibiotics left over from old illnesses, and you shouldn't take them for an undiagnosed problem. This contributes to the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Ok...sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm glad you're going to the doctor. Yes, you can get seriously ill from an untreated UTI, like Sally was saying in her story. I hope you feel better soon, UTIs are so annoying.

Nikki

I am UTI and kidney infection queen. I have bad kidney problems so I get UTI and kidney infections often. If you catch them early its not bad, I have never v* because of one, but when my fever got to 103, I defenitly felt sick. Just go to the drs and they will give you a prescription and finish all of it or else it WILL come back. Good luck.

Curly Wurly: In the meantime, whilst you wait for the Drs appointment, you might be interested to know that if you dissolve 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass full of water, drink it down, and then do this every hour, on the hour, the pain of the infection will ease. Bicarbonate of Soda is what is used in the expensive over the counter sistitus remedies. It tastes absolutely yuk, but it will help you. Its also very inexpensive compared to the over the counter remedies.

Thank you for this information Trixie, I will try it next time. I actually went to the Drs yesterday afternoon and I think the antibiotics are working now as I feel so much better.

I hope you are feeling better Shar.