Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok so my coworker woke up Monday morning feeling nauseated but came to work anyway. She sat around for an hour and left. Got sick that night and stayed home yesterday.Her husband and teenage daughter both ended up with the sv too. So she comes back to work today and brings her daughter with her because she needs to use a computer. I am so disgusted and tempted to just go back home. I have been spraying lysol everywhere and wiping stuff with clorox wipes. I just can't believe how inconsiderate some people are. I know I have a phobia about this kind of thing but I just think that would be common sense. grrrrrrrrrr

Kim

Try to look at it this way. There are many circumstances which entail sick people to be in public. You could encounter germs at any given place. Grocery store, drug store, resturant..... I know it's completely hard to swallow when people come to work sick and especially bring their sick kid to work, I agree with you.. that's bs. But, just to realize that you could pick it up anywhere might have you feeling less animosity and less nervousness about being at your work place.

Examples of people having to be in public sick could be..
    What if they are feeling ill and realize they have no pepto or ginger ale (most people are not like us, who keep it on hand and not everyone has loved ones who live with them). They might have to run to the store quick to pick something up. What if they are on the road travelling? This happened to me. The last time I was sick was in a McDonalds bathroom. We were in route from Missouri to Ohio and in Dayton I felt sick. The quickest place to stop was a MickyD's. I got sick in their crowded bathroom.

All I am trying to say is to try to not worry too much because you never know where you could pick up stuff otherwise. It happens. It sucks, but it happens.

\"This too shall pass\"

Well said Shiva...I agree..all though it would still make me upset well more nervous than anything if it happened to me too. Poor thing....i hope you will be fine...which you probably will be...we just worry so much, it's tough...but you will be fine.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Man you sound so rational. I wish I could think that way. I'll try!!! You are absolutely right about the being in public thing. I'm just doing the same thing here that I do in public - bathe in Purell!!!!

BTW, that sucks about you getting sick in a McD's.....gross.....my ex is in a band and I got really nauseated one night in a nasty club and had to hover over a toilet in there for awhile. Never got sick but it was so nasty.....

Thanks for the words of wisdom....
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Thanks Kate. I'll still worry I know but I'm doing all I can to stay away from her and her daughter left a little while ago so at least she's out of the picture. Hopefully she took her germs with her!

Kim, armed with Purell and the Lysol can!
    Keep the faith!

Shiva has a point that the germs are all around us, that makes me
    feel soooo paranoid, but I try and think like this....if they aren't being
    sick right infront of you, and its not in the air you are breathing you
    should be okay...especially since we keep ourself and hands clean,
    right??? I"m freaked out now. What about public toliets...what is
    someone is sick in them before you go pee in it??? Isn't that a big
    risk??? I'm scared now.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm ALWAYS paranoid in public toilets. I never touch anything. And if I ever have to take my son in one I'm constantly saying DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING! I know other people in there think I'm nuts. He has grabbed the toilet seat once or twice because he's used to doing it at home to pee and I totally freaked. He even looked at me like I was nuts. Then I made him scrub his hands for like 10 minutes and bathed him in Purell. I wanted to go home and put him in the shower. GROSS
    Keep the faith!

Oh yeah, and another public place that freaks me out are those playplaces at McDonalds. I hate them!! They are so gross and I know they are just crawling with germs. I have only taken my son in them a couple of times and I was cringing the whole time. The first thing I did when we got home was put him in the bath. My ex (his father) picks him up one evening a weekfor supper and almost always takes himi there. I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Germs germs germs Ok I'm getting a little carried away....I'll stop now.

Kim
    Keep the faith!