Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

He got sick yesterday morning complaining of a migraine, he dry heaved a few times, felt better and was fine all day yesterday. He was fine until 11am this morning when he started getting sick. He's v* about 6 times today, can't keep anything down. I'm not sure if he has a fever but he called me at work to tell me. What do you think it is? Could it be the dreaded sv*? We didn't kiss at all today, but we did sleep in the same bed last night. I want to not go home, what should I do??? I feel he has contaminated the whole house even though he didn't get sick there. HELP
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Has he had d* as well? Usually sv* is both.
    ~Mandi~

He says a little.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

he doesnt have a fever
    <a href=\"

Just go home, but lysol everything and keep your hands very very clean......my husband had sv* on Christmas, and I had kissed him like 30 minutes before he started to get sick, and I didn't catch it....so maybe that will encourage you.....it will be ok!
    ~Mandi~

i'm so scared. He thinks its because he had a headache before he got sick. He had an ingrown toenail yesterday and was very stressed over it and the doctor visit to fix it. He thinks its because of that, i don't think it is. i'm so scared to go home.
    <a href=\"

I don't think that his v*ing today has anything to do with his V*ing yesterday, so i think your ok for getting contaminated...I would steer clear of him, but if you do go to the house stay in a place he hasnt been, or put on some gloves amask and start cleaning! Is he still sick now, does he know wher ehe could have gotten it from?

has he been all over the house? i would ask him. go somewhere in the house where he hasn't been. i know you are afraid, but you will be ok. call hubby and ask him. just tell him you are scared. he knows about your phobia, right? he should be fine with it.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

If it's really going to bother you to go home, is there anywhere else you can go and spend a night?
    \"This too shall pass\"

How are things? How is your hubby feeling?

How are you?

Well, I chickened out and went to my mothers. I pulled my coat up over my face when i went into the house to get my things for the next couple of days. When I got home, he had v* again. I left to go get him bread for toast and gingerale. When I came back, he made some toast and drank some soda and said he felt better. I left for my mom's. I called him en route to my moms, about 30 min. after he ate, he said he was fine. i called him almost 40 min after that, he told me the headached came back and he was in bed. My mom thinks it isn't a virus because he doesnt have a fever. He has suffered from cluster headaches before, just not this sever. What do you think, if he doesn't have a fever, could it just be the migraine? Or can you have a virus w/out a fever?
    <a href=\"

So i'm sitting here wishing i had stayed w/ him, but i'm terrified that he is sick w/ a sv. What if i get it? I can't be sick as many times as he has been today, what if it hits me when I'm on the train going to work, what if it happens when i'm at work and don't make it to the bathroom on time. I keep having these irrational thoughts and I just wish I could beat this thing. I've been fine w/ this for so long, and then something like this happens, and i'm back to the counting of the hours, days, weeks, etc. I wish this would just go away. I feel sorry for him, he's the one in pain and I can't comfort him. He even asked me to stay but then realized I would just be staring at him for hours asking him every 2 seconds if he was ok or not. It's not fair. No one likes getting sick, but us emets are terrified of every aspect of it. I wish it would all just stop.
    <a href=\"

I know how freaked you must be. My husband had a sv on Monday and v* to many times for me to want to keep track of. My daughter only got sick once. My son and I both didn't get it. I cleaned the bathrooms like crazy and asked him to lysol if he so much went in and peed. He knows how I am, so when he was still doing it in the daylight hours he actually went outside in the camper and stayed there until he stopped. I was surprised he did that, but he said he felt like an idiot for me so sick and wanted to be alone. We all handle our situations differently, so don't be so hard on yourself.

It must be tough for you, babygap, I'm sorry you're having to go through this! I'm not good at diagnosing things, but hopefully your hubby is over the worst of it by now. I *think* if he had a virus, he would have a fever - usually if there's a bug/virus in your system, you get a fever when you try to fight it off. So maybe its just a migraine? Some people are prone to them, and really get hit hard when they get them.

Keep us updated, let us know how you are both doing!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Thanks everyone for all your support. I spoke w/ him this morning, he said that he slept from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm last night. He said that when he was lying down, he heard a "pop" from his nose, then he said his headache went away. When he woke up @ 11:30 he made toast and drank gingerale, watched some tv and went to bed @ 3:00 am. I called him this morning @ 6:30 am and he said he was fine. I just got off the phone w/ him again (7:45 am) and he says he's fine, he's been sneezing a lot which is clearing out his sinus's, so I think I'm in the clear. He never did run a fever, but, just to be on the safe side, i'm staying w/ my mom again tonight. I just want to make sure he's ok, and he could use the house all to himself.

I just hate the way this fear takes over. It's awful. I finally shared with my mom just how much of a fear this is for me. She tried to calm me down by explaining that a virus sets off the body alarms and you run a fever. Of course, I wanted to believe her, and I think deep down I did, but it was so hard to relax. I was so glad to speak w/ him this morning. He sounds like his usual self. He does understand my issues, but I wish that I could seperate the fear from the logic. Thanks again everyone for all your support.

<a href=\"

I think you coped very well. somwtimes migraines can bring on n* and v* so it might be that. I hope he continues to feel better. I'm sure you'll be fine. You can be so proud of yourself.

It sounds like you have a very understanding husbandEdited by: chloe
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Thanks chole, he understands enough to realize that I just couldn't be w/ him last night. I just spoke with him and he was resting. He said he ate leftover chinese food for breakfast because he was starving. He said he doesn't have a headache at all and that he is just tired. He has all the windows in the house open to air everything out which is making his nose feel better. He was a little disappointed in my I think, he thought I had beat this. I have been relatively panick free for about 1.5 years now, I would get a little emet moment every now and then, but nothing like I had been, then this happened. As long as he doesn't get sick at all today or tomorrow, I'll go home tomorrow night after work. Of course, I have to change the sheets, throw out my old toothbrush (since it could have been contamniated) and I'll have to clorox EVERYTHING. I know in my brain it probably wasn't a sv but I can't seem to escape the fear.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by babygap5

Thanks everyone for all your support.* I spoke w/ him this morning, he said that he slept from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm last night.* He said that when he was lying down, he heard a "pop" from his nose, then he said his headache went away.* When he woke up @ 11:30 he made toast and drank gingerale, watched some tv and went to bed @ 3:00 am.* I called him this morning @ 6:30 am and he said he was fine.* I just got off the phone w/ him again (7:45 am) and he says he's fine, he's been sneezing a lot which is clearing out his sinus's, so I think I'm in the clear.* He never did run a fever, but, just to be on the safe side, i'm staying w/ my mom again tonight.* I just want to make sure he's ok, and he could use the house all to himself.*

I just hate the way this fear takes over.* It's awful.* I finally shared with my mom just how much of a fear this is for me.* She tried to calm me down by explaining that a virus sets off the body alarms and you run a fever.* Of course, I wanted to believe her, and I think deep down I did, but it was so hard to relax.* I was so glad to speak w/ him this morning.* He sounds like his usual self.* He does understand my issues, but I wish that I could seperate the fear from the logic.* Thanks again everyone for all your support.

Sounds like a Sinus infection. My Brother in law got the same thing including v* and everything. He had to take anitbiotic to clear it up completely.

He should go see a doctor to have it checked out, a sinus infection won't go away by itself unfortunately.

If it is the sinus infection wouldn't he be running a fever with it?
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Aww Babygap....you poor thing...i know how hard it must have been for you 2 have to leave your hubby when he was sick...but i also understand why you had to. I bet he was just having effects from the sinus thing and the headaches...sometimes the body is very strange and people react different to diff. situations. I hope he will continue to get better and you can get back home to him....You are very lucky he is so understanding about this. It makes a good bit of diff. when your partner understands your fears. And I am glad you talked to your mom about it too, and that she understands you also. It helps to know at least your parents care that much about you.

I had an incident this am with my little boy...well he's 12....he fell asleep at 8:30 last night....which is highly unusual for him...or any kid that age really, he had complained of a headache the day before and a stomach ache too...nothing came of that though...he was eating fine and playing as normal...then this am i knew he wasn't feeling well b/c he woke up on his own and came in my room and layed right back in my bed...said his head hurt...well, he went on and got in the shower and got dressed...he was moping around and i knew he was not quite right...so he said he was fine and that he was going on to school...he rides with another kid up the road..so he went on and walked up there.....then he called me and said for me to ask my mom to pick him up from school to go down to her house for a little while...so i said you don't feel good, do you? And he said not really...my stomach hurts....so i said just let me come up there and pick you up and you just stay home today...he hates to miss school...but i knew he needed to stay at home.....so anyway we get home and he wants something to eat....and i am nervous about that...but he ate a toaster strudel and some oj...which was not a good combination to me.....but hey he wanted it...so he ate it and did a heck of alot of burping after that...and again, i was getting alittle nervous...thinking ok it's going to happen soon.....well he went on and was going through his homework and stuff and we were just talking and i told him to take 2 of the chewable pepto's for kids....and he did and now he's just at home playing xbox....i called him about an hour after i got to work...and he said he was better and that he was ok.......so who knows if it's just a little sv or what....buthe will call me if he gets worse....

I am so sorry for the long rambling story...but i wanted you to know that i feel your pain, and i really hope that your husband is getting better today and that you can go back home to him soon. Take care, and know i am thinking of you.....K

Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Kate, thanks so much for your post. My guy does understand about my emet. My emet started when I was a little girl, for about 5 years, I had on and off nauseau episodes. I had tons of tests done and when they coudn't find anything wrong they sent me to a shrink. I went once, they tried to pin my nauseau on the death of my grandfather, but I had the nauseau long before he died, so I never went back. Eventually it went away. Then about 3 years ago, I had an awful bacterial intestinal infection that took 6 months to diagnose. Then, when they figured out what it was, the antibiotic they gave was so strong it effected my liver &amp; pancrease enzymes. So I was nauseaous &amp; v* for 3 more months until the enzymes returned to normal. That's when the emet hit hard.

I hope your little guy continues to feel better. It's always a great sign when they are doing their usual things, like playing xbox. My hubby is fixing a computer at the moment (that's his job, he works from home) and he was joking with me so I know he is better.

Thanks again for the post. That's why I love coming here, I get the support I need.
    &lt;a href=\"

Quote Originally Posted by babygap5
    If it is the sinus infection wouldn't he be running a fever with it?
    Damn, you're right [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Nevermind...

Thanks PhilB. He seems to think that it had something to do w/ the weather change. The day before it was damp, yeseterday it got really cold again and he went into a stuffy house to pick up a computer to fix, so I think that's what triggered it for him. I'm trying to convince him that a doctor would be able to help him, give him something for his sinus's and for the migraines, but, he's not a kid, trying to bribe him with ice cream isn't working, lol.
    &lt;a href=\"

It maynot have been an actual sinus infection, but if he had fluid in his ears that could affect his inner ear which affects balance, etc. and can cause vertigo which makes you n* (LOL and most non-emets v*).
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

He didn't complain of any dizziness or vertigo feelings, it just hit him out of no-where. I keep calling him to see how he is feeling. He says he's fine but I'm probably getting on his nerves with the amount of phone calls I've been making, but of course, I need the reasurance. Boy, I'm so tired. I didn't sleep well last night because I was worrying about him. I could really use a nap.
    &lt;a href=\"

I just called him again. He's still doing well. I feel bad I woke him up from his nap. He says he is just tired since he didn't sleep well but his headache is completly gone and he is hungry for lunch, all good signs.
    &lt;a href=\"

I am glad he is feeling better!! THat's great!! Honestly, I don't know whether he had a bug or not, but you do not always get a fever w/ a SV, my kids have had lots of them and not once have they run a fever. I also didn't get a fever w/ the one I had last month!!

Hi Babygap,
    Hope your hubby is better. I have to leave mine when he is sick. I feel terrible about it but thankfully he understands.
    Your past experiences really tell why you are an emet. It is so easy to get scarred from these kinds of events. Getting sick is so awful that sometimes I wonder why there aren't more emets. No one else seems to let it run their lives like we do.
    I try to think positive as best I can because thinking negative brings on lots of anxiety and problems for me, physical and mental. Take one day at a time!!!

Thanks for all the kind words. He is perfectly fine, he slept well, he's been eating, he's back to his old self. He also doesn't seem to be holding a grudge or anything against me for leaving him. He did well on his own, it was nice and quiet in the house so he was able to get all the rest he needed. I just wish that we had the "tricorder (sp?)" device from Star Trek. That's the little thing they wave over you and it tells exactly what is wrong. That would be one of the best inventions.
    &lt;a href=\"

Yes, and if we had a transporter that could just "beam us up" we wouldn't have to worry about travelling, lol!!!!