Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey everybody,

last nite i was a little nauseous[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img], but i dealt with it, my girlfriend has diarrea, so i think im a little concerned. but anyway i had this really gross vivid v****, dream where i was the one doing it. when i woke from it i was rwally nausoeus, and everytime i think about the dream now i get nausous. i cant figure out if i'm getting sick or not. my stomach feels off, but every now and again i feel hungry, thisis so annoying. well your opinions are welcome and happy easter

heya, i used to have dreams like tht, and whats worse is i hav an obsessive personality, so the dreams kept haunting me over nd over and i cudnt get rid of them.

i dont expect u are ill, i expect its just anxiety taking over how u feel, but i cant really judge, im defenitely not a doc

sorry to hear ur feeling bit under the weather, wish ther was more i cud do

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're probably hungry. I get this quite alot. I worry about getting ill and get scared to eat. I'm usually scared i'm getting ill casue i'm not eating and my stomach is all wierd.

I also have really awful v* dreams. Its easy to get sucked into them and start to think that they are real, but they arnt. Keep telling yourself that.

Please tell us how your feeling now...

try eating something light, and work your way up. Im sure your fine. i

try with some dry toast and tea... then maybe some cereal and milk, and so on.

sometimes we dont feel hungry but our body needs the food - like with this cold I feel all gross and gaggy even but i know my body needs food even though I dont want it. SO im just trying to eat light, and so far so good. you'll be fine.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

yuppers I have had that. Sometimes I am in a situaltion in my dreams where I am on a ride or a boat or somewhere where I (as well as other people) will feel ill. I run in my dream trying to find my bad with my meds or something to feel better and can never find it and I wake up all nauseous. It often has nothing to do with a flu or a cold or anything but my mind. I just try and tell myseld this.

Toast and cracjers dry cereal is good to munch on. That way you are getting a little something that isn't too harsh for you stomach.

I feel queezy when I don't eat. So I have learned to nibble even when I feel that way because I know now that it will help in the end.

Hope it all works out for you.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Heh, hell yes.. I have had vivid vomiting dreams, both dreamin of myself gettin sick and other ppl... its horrid

but it means nothing, trust me. Dreams are (most likely) just ya minds way of sortin out whats been goin on in your day, sounds like feelin sick was somethin that was v.strong in your thoughts the day before, so its likely to appear in ya dreams. Ppl dont normally remember dreams, cuz when ya dream youre in REM- which is almost the deepest form of sleep, but if the dream is somethin that particularly scares you, n it wakes u up outta REM you often remember it so strongly that the feelins carry thro into ya reality. Its the same principle by which you feel scared in the fewminutes after waking from a nightmare, even tho ya know its illogical- except with feelin sick ya attach to that feelin that would otherwise fade, cuz its your obsession...

.. at least that was my theory when it was happenin to me.

I had one vomiting dream in my life, a while ago, but it didn't bother me much. It was just kind of weird.

Vomiting in dreams has nothing to do with vomiting in real life.

Dreams are usually never about what they are about, they are usually metaphores to help our subconscious deal with conscious things without being blunt.

Vomiting in dreams usually means that you have something on your mind that you need to get rid of (a secret, something you want to tell someone, etc) and if you dream someone else is vomiting, it usually means you think there is someone betraying you and you also have something to want to spill out to them.

Hope this helps Your dream probably has less to do with vomit than you think.

In fact, one night a couple years ago,I had a dream that I was riding my horse through my childhood neighborhood. Rode her up to the front door of my old house, got off her, and stepped up the stairs, where I heard myuncle inside. In my dream, stepped back to look at my horse who then stepped towards me, reared and struck out at me until I died in the dream.

I happened to be in therapy at that time for depression, and I was so worried that the dream meant I had to sell my horse because she was dangerous. It wasn't that at all. It was something good in my life (my mare) protecting me from some memories from my childhood that I didn't want to face (my uncle, who never touched me, but did molest my sister in front of me when I was very young). So it had little to do with what I thought, and that's how most dreams are!

I had a vivid dream a while ago. I was running from a dog and it
    jumped at me, hit me in the stomach then I vomited. When I woke up it
    tasted like I had acid in my mouth, and I had to check on the floor to
    see if I really vomited. There was nothing there but I had a panic
    attack anyway[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. But like a few people
    have said, just because you have a vomit dream doesn't mean you are
    going to actually vomit. Maybe you were nervous when you woke up which
    could have made you feel like you were nauseuos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Ssarcasm,

I used to worry that v******* dreams meant that I would be sick when I woke up or somewhere in the near future (kind of like a crystal ball thing), but those who have posted before are very right. V****** dreams have nothing to do with really being sick.

I tend to get v****** dreams mostly when I am really stressed out, or really worried about something.For example, when I first began college, I remember having v******* dreams almost every night, and although they were so real, and I felt nauseaus when I woke up, I didn't get sick. I think It's just your mind's way of sorting things out and dealing with them.

The thing about these dreams is that theycan be so real and vivid and powerfulthat they make you feel that you actually will be sick or that it actually did happen. I understand how you must've felt when you woke up. I feel like that a lot when I have v***** dreams, but you will be just fine!!

Soon the dream fades away, little by little, and you realize that it was just a dream and that you are and will be fine.

Dreams are intense, especially if you dream about the thing you fear most.

In fact, my mom told me that I was screaming all night, probably from a v***** dream, but I don't remember it. Yesterday was a stressful day since my dog was sick, so it makes perfect sense.

I hope you have had a Happy Easter and are feeling better now! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt