Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i cannot eat.

I'm getting really worried. I can't even drink water without feeling all gaggy. I have no appetite at all. I've already lost two pounds in a couple days. What is wrong? Can depression do this? Sorry to keep posting about it. Just worried. And I think I'm quitting my job. Its too much. Actually the phobia is too much.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Yes - depression can do this. I really think that you need to talk this all over with your counsellor before it gets really out of control. Don't quit your job just yet - talk to your counsellor and try to get a new perspective on where you are at the moment, so that you can get back to comfortable place. You are strong, and you do not deserve this constant fear. {{{{hugs}}}}

You are in my thoughts

Jill xxx

mystikal: this is all psychological.. u THINK ur gnna be sick after u eat, so naturally wen u try to eat.. ur gnna feel gaggy....

but u have GOT TO retrain ur mind before this really f*cks u over... (sorry to be blunt)

why dont u try one of ur safe foods? (bread, pasta for me) and just sit with it infront of you for a while... with a drink to wash it down... and just try and eat it...

or, try and eat one of those milkshakes thingybobs with all the nutrition u need in them.. its SO important u keep ur strengths up ...

the emet is starving you.. and u are NOT gnna let it win are you??

i promise you, you wil be fine, just keep urself calm and relaxed and try and eat...

and yes, u really shud talk with ur counsellor about this too...

tke care

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can make yourself feel REALLY sick if you don't eat or drink anything at all. I did that once and had to go on an IV in the emergency room. Try some Sprite and some really light food. I don't know exactly what you're feeling, but when I have symptoms like yours I like popsicles. Feel better and definitely get some food inside of you!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Not eating or drinking is going to make you feel really really sick! Try to eat something mild and dont concentrate on swallowing. Just swallow really fast and tell yourself its ok. I usually just stuff some crackers in my mouth then gulp them down and deel with the concequences which usually are better than the feeling of not eating and drinking
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

If I were you, I'd try to slowly start drinking water- since you can
    live without food for longer than water. If you get dehydrated, you are
    likely to throw up. You should get a cup of water or something, and
    every few minutes or so, take a tiny sip and not think about swallowing
    it. This will atleast get some liquid in you, and if you do it every
    few minutes or so, you're less likely to get dehydrated, which can lead
    to throwing up.
    -Anna

i hear you..

love ana xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mystikal: how is it going? u feeling ne better yet?

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: