Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went to the doctor yesterday because I could tell that I have a sinus infection and she gave me a script for the 3 day pack of Zithromax. I took my first dose this morning, about 12 hours ago, and I've been dealing with n* off and on for about 3-4 hours now and I just don't feel too good. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and my stomach is really tight and uncomfortable and I can't really tell if I have stomach pains or if it's just due to the pregnancy. I am really starting to panic because I really feel sick and have had several bowel movements in the past 2 hours....they are normal bowel movements but I've been constipated due to pregnancy so I'm not used to going this much. Now I'm scared that I've got an sv* since I'm going so much and my stomach is off and it keeps rumbling.

So I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with to at least calm me down:

-Has anyone taken Zithromax and gotten n* and d* from it since that is a side effect? I don't have d* but I've been going to the bathroom a lot tonight? I def. don't go 4times in one day - more like 4 times in 1 week. And would it take 10 hours after I took the pill to effect me??

-If you have an sv* does it start out with several normal bowels movements that get loser and loser along the way as you go - or do you have full blown d* right away?

Sorry that this isn't such a nice topic and it's kind of gross, but I'm really starting to get scared since I can't seem to feel better no matter what I do. I had tortellini alfredo for lunch today and I'm scared that maybe something was wrong with it and that's why I feel sick. I haven't eaten since then though because I keep getting waves of n*. I hope someone is out there!

Hi, i have taken zithromax MANy times, I request it...yes you get nauseaus and can have diarrhea, I have never been sick from it! I think th efirst main symptom of a sv is v*ing...fever...diarhea, I think your ok...you can also get diarrhea from colds, I do anyways...Your ok, just try and relax...the nausea will pass, adn I think if it was going to make you sick you would have been by now...

It's such a strong antibiotic that it can make you d*....my roommate was on it and she had bad d* but that was it.........she was n* too....but in a couple of days it was gone....so it's not an sv*...plus being pregnant I'm sure has a lot to do with it!
    ~Mandi~

Thank you both, Carolee and dita. I made it through the night and I ate some toast this morning....I'm feeling better but my stomach is still rumbling a lot. I swear this happened the last time I took Zithromax but I can't say for sure and that's why I'm panicking. I'm just nervous because I have 2 more doses to take and I don't want to continue to take this.

I've never taken Zithromax but I was given some VERY strong antibiotics after surgery for my ectopic pregnancy & tube removalback inJuly & they made me feel soooo n* & made me have the worst d* imaginable [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]My stomach rumbled & ached like i'd been punched.. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I was convinced i'd caught something but was reassured it was just the tablets.. this maybe too much info but the d* was like a slimy stuff & smelled strange.. almost like the tablets! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I asked the doc if it was ok I didn't take anymore - I had another 3 take but he told me to stick at them to make them work..

Stick at them.. its the best possible outcome health wise.. hope you feel better soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

sorry you're going through a tough time with n* am sure the antibioticscombined with your pregnancy are causing you to feel this way.

Let us know how you are doing. Lets face it - 2 more doses and it'll all be over. Try and take it easy this weekend if you are feeling rough - watch a cheesy chick flick or something.

Hope you feel better soon and well done for getting through the first day [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Thanks sneezymonkey and chloe. I took my 2nd dose this morning and so far today I am feeling ok. Lastnight at this time is when I started to feel yucky so I'm trying to occupy myself and not think about feeling sick.

I have to work tomorrow which is kind of a good thing because that also keeps my mind off of how I feel. I just can't wait until this pregnancy is over and my body goes back to normal.

aar13...
    try not to panic about the whole pregnancy think im 39 weeks pregnant and have suffered with constipation and then i go a lot of times in one day (not diareah) so dont panic about that.
    I also get scared when i have pains because i never know if its the baby or im poorly...[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.