Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Help, I was just falling asleep when my 6 year old daughter ran into my room and said, "I don't feel well". I then realised that she was still asleep. It is the first time she has ever walked in her sleep and it was really scary. I led her back to bed but now I am panicing that she really does not feel well or she will walk again. She has had a bit of a tough week. Her favourite goldfish died at the weekend and then today a boy at school broke her new skipping rope deliberately. She is also really missing her daddy who is away at sea until July, so maybe it is just a one off sleep walk. I just hope she is not ill. I can't stop shaking now. I wish it was morning and that my husband was home.

Dont worry- being not well does not mean that she is feeling lik V

Maybe its just stress because all of that things that happend to her.

Hey Darling,

First of all *hugs*

Second, Alot of what a child feels when they are sleep walking infact anyone can be to do with dreams, turn it around like when my friend used to sleep walk and eat out the fridge and go back to bed weird I know but its what she was feeling in her sleep,and never found out why she was putting on weight until her bf caught her doing it one night lol!

So it is late at the moment yup and hopefully she is pretty tired after having a hard week of it she will sleep right through..

When she wakes in the morning just ask her if she is feeling alright,if she says yes Im very sure it was just to do with her dream..

Il be around if you need me though

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It must be from stress because of the horrible week she has been having.

I've slept walked before, yeah, I didn't feel well at all, but I didn't V* or anything, just anxiety.

Thank you snow and violet. She is still quite restless but has not walked any more. I hope she will be o.k. I know I used to sleep walk alot when i was younger. I once was staying in a hotel with my family and somehow managed to walk into the next room. Fortunately it was my grandma in the next room and her screams woke everyone up. I think she locked her door the next night bless her.

Anyway, i am sure my daughter will be fine. Everything always seems worse at nightime especially when my husband is away. I just wish I could get a good nights sleep.

Thankyou once again for your help.

Your Welcome hun[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hope you manage to get some rest ect and sleep well xxx

Thank you pawn shop heart. Yes I amsure this is stress related. She is a bit emotional at the moment. I always feel guilty when my daughter gets so emotional. I just want to make her feel better.

Thanks Violet

Your kind words do mean a lot. I hope you are feeling better now and hopefully sleeping a bit better.

Sleeping eh getting there slowly but its my anxiety as well thats creeping up on me so just trying to keep my mind off it but then goes onto stressful things,vicious circle it is

Enough of me,you need anything hun im here *hugs*

I used to sleep walk when I was a kid. My mom said it was weird, (I'm recounting this from what my mom told me, I don't remember any of it) one time I got up and went into the bathroom and pulled all the tissues out of a tissue box and threw them around the room and then went back to sleep. Then one time my mom saw me sleep walking, I went back into my room and laid down and went to sleep with my eyes OPEN...don't ask me how. Anyway I never really had a sleep walking episode again until I was about 19...all I remember is thinking that someone was V*ing in the bathroom next to me. I went downstairs and fell asleep on the couch, but when I woke up I was in the basement on top of a pile of junk. It was weird. It's never happened again though.

It probably is just stress. But don't worry I heard somewhere that sleepwalkers usually grow out of it and rarely hurt themselves (At least not DELIBERATELY) you just have to watch out for them falling down stairs and running into walls and what not.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Thank you Monica

My daughter seems a lot more settled now. My son has just woke up, but he just wanted his snuggle blanket and a kiss, so I am sure he is fine. I've got a feeling it is going to be one of those nights and I have a busy day tomorrow so I really could do with some sleep but I know I am going to be worrying about my daughter now.

Sorry about your anxiety and stress Violet. I hope you feel better soon.

SorryI didn't respond earlier!

When I was younger (and now, still) I would walk and talk in my sleep. It was almost usually related to a dream, or when I was really stressed. I am sure that she is fine! Just remember not to wake her up, because apparently sleepwalkers will get really disoriented. My parents usually just lead me back to bed, but one time I woke myself up. I was SOOO disoriented for a minute, until i realized that I had sleepwalked.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thankyou Anya, I am sure my daughter is not ill just a bit stressed.

I did not wake her up as I also remember being woken up once whilst sleep walking and it was very disorientating. My daughter seems in a sound sleep now so that is a good sign. I wish I could say the same for my son, he has woken up twice in the last hour, so now I am worrying that he is not very well. I know he is fine, but as usual Iirrationally convince myself that he must be ill. I wish it was morning.

Did you manage to get some sleep? I used to sleepwalk, never 'cause I was sick. My son used to, terrible, night terrors the whole bit, until he had his tonsils out. My daughter gets up about every night and tries to pee in a weird place lol. I have to direct her to the bathroom. Usually when they are sick they don't walk around, just cry for me.

I feel for you. I HATE nights like that. And when hubby isn't home, terrible. How are you managing this whole time???
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

HI Curly Wurly, I sleeped walked as a child. My mother found me numerous times just standing in front of the bathroom mirror. I usually did it when I was stressed out or had a very exciting day. I used to have full conversations in my sleep. I would sit there andchat away with whoever was in my dream out loud. I know how hard it is at night wondering and waiting and I know how it is to be home without the hubby. Hang in there, you've done a great job so far.

Thank you mommyof 3 and zane.

As usual I was over reacting and my daughter has slept soundly since. I wish I could say the same for me, but I have managed only about an hours sleep before waking up worrying, oh and needing the bathroom again since I think I must have a water infection but have to wait until tomorrow for a Drs appointment. SorryI really am a whimp. Its judt everything does seem so much worse at night.

Thankyou once again for your kind words. They really do mean alot.

LOL--Zane, I used to wake up in the shower!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Sweetheart Im worried about you *hugs*

your up still the same as me..

You want me to give you a call and drone till you fall asleep on the phone *LoL*

Im still around, been thinking off you sending you good thoughts,they must have been getting blocked lol

xVx

Thanks Violet,

Thats really kind what you said about sending me good thoughts. I've sent you some back in return.

I am going to try really hard to get some sleep, but don't you find the harder you try the harder it becomes? It has been a long day today. It was my mums chemotherapy day and as usual it made her really ill and I felt helpless. All I can do is call her on the phone to see if she is alright, but I want to do more for her. I do not have a very good morning to look forward to, but I will not bore you with that. Once tomorrow is over hopefully things will start to get better.

Thank you once again Violet and I hope you manage to get some sleep soon.

Hun you will not bore me with your troubles!!
    Not at all, you have listened to mine in the past Im very happy to in return..

I send you and your mother my deepest warmest good thoughts,chemo and emet can not be a good mixture as much as it being your mother as well hun, I know for a fact she will really appreciate the calls!!

I really do hope that after today you find things become a little easier for you!

I am going to go to the docs today I think as Im becoming more and more fatuiged(sp) recently I sleep during the day most of the time but still feel utterly awful.

I do find the harder I try to sleep at night the worse it gets as if Im fighting my own body and its constantly fighting back but not for the good.

*Many Hugs* Just sorry I cant do more for you xx

Thank you Violet. Your words of support help me more than you know.

Sorry you are having such a hard time with sleeping. I have had similar problems since my husband went away this time. I am only managing a few hours a night and it is starting to show now. I have not got my usual energy or entusiam with my children. I am managing to play with them, but I am struggling. I keep feeling so emotional and every little thing seems like such a big deal. I hope you get on alright at the Drs. I wish I was brave enough to go and talk to the Dr about my emet and sleeping problems, but it will take me all my courage just to go with my water infection tomorrow afternoon.

Thankyou once again Violet.

Well remember you are only going to talk to him just about your UTI and in that much he/she wont be doing anything else ect asking anymore quiestions...

You are actually encouraged to ask the doctors now a days if they have washed there hands ect before they give you any kind of examination.

I myself had an extremely bad UTI that came on very quickly and hurt like a b**** I actually had blood in my urnie it was that bad,so I was put on a high dosage of antibiotics to clear up the infection quickly..

The antibiotics did NOT make me feel n* nor did they ever make me v* either,just for some words of reasurance there.

Drink plenty of cranberry juice,myself I hate the taste of it I think its foul *LoL*,So what I do is I put it in the freezer for about 5 mins so its super chilled,so, when drinking it I find not all of its taste is there but still all of the vitamins ect that are needed are still there.

I think I must get about 5-8 hours really but since ive started my period it has been bad,kind of worried as well,as it came on really really heavy this month and has lasted only 2 days well 3 for it to completly finish but im at the light stages alread,mine only last for 3 days usually but spread out so this is slightly weird,yup im sure you and a few others are thinking that 3 days wow that must be great but the ammount of pain in the first few hours infact it lasted 8 hours of pain with pain killers and eventually sleep to subsied!

Sorry for that ramble there didnt actually mean for that to go on that much..

Also no need to thank me hun thats what Im here for [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I will take your advice on the cranberry juice as I cannot stand the taste of it either and from past experiences I am still not convinced it works.

I am going to bed in a minute as I really need some zzzzz. Hopefully my daughter will let me have another hour before she comes bouncng into my room to tell me its morning.

Goodnight Violet, thank you for all your kind words and support. I hope you manage some sleep soon.

That is so strange, my 6 yr. old daughter has been doing the same thing, she looks like she is awake, but she is sleeping!! It's really freaking me out, too!!!

My daughter was fine this morning thank goodness. I did not mention the sleep walking to her as it probably would have scared her.I hardly slept at all with worrying. Has your daughter done it many times Donna? I am so scared my daughter will do it again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof3
    LOL--Zane, I used to wake up in the shower!!

Funny, how we are emets and had some kind of issue with sleep walking into the bathroom!!

Curly, I don't blame youin the least for being on edge the rest of the night after your daughter startled you like that. My daughter who is 3 1/2 suffered with night terrorsup until a few months ago.. She would wake up in the middle of night agitated which would lead to a full out tantrum. She would hide in the bathroom near the toilet and then progress to hiding behind our recliner chair. She wouldn't let me touch heror even talk to her. Doctor said to just let her work it out as long as she was hurting herself. Believe you me I couldn't go to sleep after that. Plus I worried she'd work herself up so bad she would v*.

Hopefully, it's an isolated incident with your daughter and won't be repeated.

Hi Sally, I hope your daughter has stayed in her bed since her episode. I used to sleepwalk as a child and I still do occasionally, when I am very stressed.I know I do it because I'll have a moment of lucidity when I realize I'm out of my bed and somewhere I'm not supposed to be. I say bizarre things that don't make sense to what's going on around me. I'm glad that she wasn't ill after all. If my daughter ever does that to me I know I won't sleep afterwards either!

Nikki

Thank you zane and Nikki

I actually heared my daughter moving around last night in her room. I got myself all in a panic, but when I went into her bedroom she was just looking for her teddy so that was a real relief. I hope it was just a one off incident or if it does happen again I hope it will be when my husband is home. Thank you everyone for your support.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]