Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Son is sick

My son just v* about an hour or so aago. Luckily my wife was holding him at the time ori might be completely freaked out instead of just a little freaked out. He is 9 months and has never been sick until today. My wife called me at work and told me he had a fever, which has now been up and down. She had to work so I had him for a couple of hours. Now he has v* and I guess I am just nervous I will get it. I guess I just wanted to throw that out there. I didnt mind seeing him v* outside of the fact that it is just a reminder of what might happen to me if I get it. Also, I am currently in my 8th day of antibiotics for an infection. Can that be any consolation for me staving off whatever he has???? MY stomach is in knots as I write this.

Later

JD

What are you on antibiotics for? Could he have caught whatever bug you had?
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

No, it is something else. Almost preventative. I dont believe he has anything from me.

He's asleep now, only v* once, still feverish, but it went down. I guess I'll be a little freaked for a couple of days until i feel I am out of danger. Any facts out there about when I should feel safe or anything to make me feel a little less anxious about the situation.

JD

Hi JD, I can honestly say in all the years my kids have been ill, when they were little, i never caught it, if it was catching. I have 4 kids, so am very experienced! I'm not sure about the antibiotics staving of a sv. I used to think that years ago, but not so sure now. I bet your little onev* because of the fever. It might be teething, he is 9 months old. Some babies have a bit of troube teething and it is painful. Little ones often get ill and seem to v* for not apparant reason at all. You'll get used to it. Don't worry, you will be fine. I know its easier said than done, but remember you are hearing this from a pro. I'm sure other mums and dads on this site, will say much the same as me.

JD, Trixie offers good advice here. Some kids throw up with fevers, coughs colds, ear infections, even crying too much! It could be anything with your son and as he has only v* the once, then it's unlikely to be a sv, or anything you're likely to catch. It's a good idea to keep your hands clean though anyway.

I fully empathise though. My daughter had d* yesterday, then v* in the night. It was just the one bout of each though and she's fine now. I'm not convinced it was anything nasty, she is a sicky child and sometimes it does just happen when they're young. And, like Trixie, I've never caught anything off my kids, except a bit of d* once.

I'm not sure about antibiotics - they kill bacteria not viruses, it depends what caused your son to be ill. Still, whatever, you handled it well and should be proud of yourself.

although I am not a parent I am sure you'll be fine. The others have offered some wise words and it is true that kids can v* from almost anything. Teething seems the most likely from what you've said as that can also cause a fever. It is highly uynlikely you will catch it as it does not sound like a contagious illness to me.

Just keep you hands clean and follow general behaviours that act asprevention for usemets from svs.

Regardless - you have coped amazingly well. I am proud of you as I'm not sure I could have coped with that and so you should be so proud of yourself![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Almost all babies v** with fevers. It could be a sv, but it probably is not. Right now its a wait and see game.

Stella

I agree with everyone else. Babies do vomit with fevers and fevers (regardless of what our doctors want us to believe) do happen when babies are teething. Your child could also have any other kind of virus, and the fever has just made him sick. Hang in there.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I think antibiotics are bad for your imune system because it not only
    kills the bad bacteria, but all he good heathy bacteria too, that helps
    support you. So I don't know about that... Take some
    acidopholis...that good bacteria in yogert can really help make you
    strong and vitmains, and just wash your hands. Even if he does has a
    sv* it doesn't mean you will get it. His system is so much younger
    and smaller and underdelevlped than yours. Try not to worry. Just
    make sure he is okay.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks A lot everyone.

I took of work today. My son v* just that once and woke up this morn with some d*, and has had some throughout the day. But he feels fine. He is playing and his temp has been 99 all day.

Well, I spent the entire day cleaning and disinfecting the house with a pair of rubber gloves on (actually they were vinyl) anyway, I wanted to clean all that possibilty out of the house and kinda keep myself busy in the meantime I guess.

I ate two English Muffin and egg sandwiches this morning about 11 and havent eaten since. Too busy cleaning and didnt feel very hungry, aside from being afraid to eat anything that might make me feel sick. I guess my wife and I are going to make something soo though, she hasnt eaten either.

I also am proud b/c I cleaned the v*. I took it on as therapy i guess. I had the gloves on and double washcloths but still I did it!

It was GREAT to see all of your posts and support. It really made me feel better as I attempt to get thru the night w/out freaking out. If it was a sv then I may wake up in the middle of the night with it tonight. HATE THAT! I remember back in the day when my emetophobia was at a high, i would stay up all night in order to avoid sleeping and then waking up with somehting. How bloody irrational! If it was coming it was coming whether I went to sleep or not, but Im sure some of you can relate.

Anyway feel free to reply as I have a tough 20 hrs or so of fear ahead of me.

Thanks again.

Jason

Congrats!!! You deserve to be proud of yourself! What you did took courage![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You handled it great!! Cleaning it up is such a huge step. Like Sherbear said, be proud of yourslef!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.