Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

yay! some recognition of the phobia! an emet is on this morning who is adicted to mints and has rotted her teeth and is underweight because she has a fear of V8ing...the psychologist is talking about how widespread a phobia it is...makes me feel happy in a wierd way!! she's talking about cognitive behaviour therapy and exposure therapy

she's really distrested they mentioned the gut reaction website

This Morning link

Edited by: missgoddess

I saw that! I couldn't beliieve it when they said it was a common phobia! Philip Schofield said something along the lines of "nobody likes being sick". Well sure, but there's a difference between not liking it and being terrified!!!!

I saw that advertised yesterday morning - I didnt realise it was because she was an emet - otherwise I would have watched it. Is 'this morning' ever repeted?

I am terrified now.I eat a lot of mints, they really help, and i don't want to end up like that.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

to anyine reading this particular bits, it was me who was on This Morning!!!!!!!!!!!
    take care and DONT EAT MINTS!!!! unless of course you want to end up looking like me!! The pic is me with dentures!! i actually have only 3 teeth left!!

Really it was? I live in the USA so I didn't see it of course but was it really you?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

yes my dear unfortunently it was!!!!
    take care and DONT EAT MINTS!!!! unless of course you want to end up looking like me!! The pic is me with dentures!! i actually have only 3 teeth left!!

Dammit. I was at home this morning but put the Commonwealth games on instead. It sounds amazing..

it was terrifying!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charmed1
    to anyine reading this particular bits, it was me who was on This Morning!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! You are so couragous for sharing your story like that. I wish they would air something on emet in the US because we really do need more exposure. All of the other additions and illnesses and phobias make the news, which helps people become aware of resources and aid available --- but emet seems to be left out in the dark.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes well beleive me i will make people more aware!!

WOW!! I didn't see this because I live in Canada, but congrats on sharing your story like that!! We need more recognitionso that people understand that this phobia is REAL!! That is a huge step for you and for the rest of us. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.