Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi,

I am new to the site, I just was searching the web and realized that there was a name for this kind of fear. I am a mom with three kids, and fear this kind of sickness more than really any other sicknesses. I hate the feeling of nausea, hate it hate it hate it.. And the product of it as well. I actually will wake up if I hear one of my kids getting up to go to the bathroom, my heart races and I worry if they are sick.. I am guessing this is abnormal. I am not too extreme with this fear, but I am careful with touching handles in public. I am really not too afraid to eat and stuff. If someone says they were sick over the weekend, I will ask what kind of sickness they had, cause if it was vomitting, I stay away from them. I don't like the whole idea of the "Germ" and contagiousness..

Does anyone think the same way as me? I am guessing this is a bit on the phobia side of things.

Vicky

yes i think exactlay the same way i also have two kids and am very nervous when they are not well if you look through the other forums you will see that nearly everyone on this site thinks in these sorts of ways and most of us thought we were a bit extreme but it si actually really common to think like this although we all have our varying degrees of fear. welcome to the site

lyndsayanne

I HATE NAUSEA TOO

I dont have kids, but worry if my mum or dad get sick, or grandma, or granpa, or aunt, or cousins....

we all worry