Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was given a can of coke of a collegue at work today, and for once i didnt check the sell by date, then when i was half way throught the can of coke, i decided i would have a look at the bottom of the can for the sell by date, and it sed jan 06 - nearly 3 months out-of-date, i could have died, now i dont know what to do, im so scared incase i v*, please help! Does any one have any advice about this, is it ok to drink out-of-date coke? It was bought from a shop, she had just bought it today. Ahhhhh! Im so paranoid now. : (

I'm sure it's ok. I think the dates on soda reflect more of the taste of the soda than the fact that it could be spoiled. Have you looked at the ingredients in a can of Coke?? Sugar, and a bunch of other stuff, nothing that really can spoil. I'm sure you will be ok. If you want more reasurance, go to the coca cola website and call customer service, you may even get a credit for the purchase since it was outdated.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Hi,

I would not worry about a expiry date on a soda can. It is the carbonated quality that is more the issue. I don't think you can actually get sick on a outdated pop. It doesn't rot.

Vicky

Thank you to both of you, i know it sounds silly. But as you know yourselves it cant be helped, being over worried about small things like that. How long have you both had the phobia? Its so nice to be able to discuss it to other people.

Thanks Again

Laura

I am sure you will be fine. Years back, things didn't even have expiration dates. I'm sure we've probably all consumed Coke older than that!

I dont know if you saw the article but about a month or so ago, in the national papers there was a report of a couple who had been married for (I think it was) 50 years. On their wedding day they were given a tinofcooked chicken. They kept it but then the hubby decided to eat it!!!!!!!

He said it tasted nice and he was fine, he didnt get sick or nothing.......

My dad has always said if you consume choc, sweets, fizzy drinks(all highly preserved stuff) thats out of date you'll be fine as theres nothing in them to make you sick.

If you look at meat, milk, cheese etc, all fresh food thats differnet.

I try to go by these"rules" but it doesnt work very often!!! Im sure the binmen must wonder why each week my bin is soooooo full.......its all the food I throw out in case its bad!!!

Sorry started to ramble.......

Laney XX

I have had so many expired sodas that it isn't funny! I would always catch it AFTER the fact too and would freak out. The only thing that suffers is the taste, but there isn't anything that would promote bacteria growth or anything like that. The carbonation does tend to change, but the taste is usually what I notice first.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I drank a bottle of pepsi that was past its expiration dat eonce, adn I was completely fine...you have to remmeber about 10 years ago they didn't have sell by dates on cans of coke, or canned food...people just drank them whenever...I think it is just a suggestion as to when ti would taste the freshest your ok!

wow i never really thought there was expiry dates for pop[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]oh dearrr
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I am sure you will be fine, like everyone said, I don't think there is anything in coke that could make you sick, just don't worry yourself sick-I know I do that!

I drink coke all the time and I always check the expiration date. But I also buy big packs of Ginger Ale from time to time and the brand I buy doesn't have expiration dates on it but I drink it anyway and I'm fine. For all I know those boxes of Soda could be on display for a year...anyway I remember once my mom served someone some coke that was almost a year old and he didn't get sick.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

My mums friends works as a food tech and she brings my friend cans of coke and sweets home that have gone out of date and she has them and she's fine lol. Like she had gum that was about 9 months out of date and she was ok. Its more things like meat, milk and eggs you need to worry about but tings in cans and packets are ok, its just the taste might not be as nice.