Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone. I was wondering how well xanax and valium works for short term relief from anxiety. I have to be a bridesmaid in ANOTHER wedding in May and in my past experiences, I have panicked horribly through every wedding I've been in and worry constantly for months and days before the wedding day. I've been an emet for years and what started out as fear of v has turned into fear of anxiety in public places andfeeling trappedwithout being able to excape. (which is how i feel during the wedding ceremony)

I know I should just decline when bride's ask me to be in the wedding but it's hard to say no. This time it's my sister-in-law and she is great but also catholic and having an hour long ceremony. I am taking 25mg of zoloft daily right now and will up the dosage soon to 50mg. I am tiny and a little underweight so taking too much meds make my belly hurt. I just would like to know if xanax and valium would help me with things like car rides and weddings. Are there any side effects? I know I should be asking my doc but I trust that this forum won't lie to me about meds making me sick like docs tend to do.

Thanks everyone!

Xanax is what i take...it can make you somewhat drowsy if you take a large dose...i only take .25 mgs.....i usually take it night before i go to bed to help me relax...and it does put me right to sleep...but i have also taken during the daytime when i am super panicky......it just depends on the dose you take i think as to how tired or anything you will get...that is the only side effect i know of...i have never felt bad or anything with it...in fact i love that little pill so much...i think it would help you during those situations. Xanax will not make you sick...and it won't make your stomach hurt at all...i promise..K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Xanax works great for me too. I don't take it very often, actually haven't taken it for 9 or so months now since I'm pregnant but it does a really good job for me when I really pancking. If I take it at night it helps me to fall asleep but if I'm really panicking during the day and take it I can keep myself awake. Good Luck if you try. I've never felt sick from taking it and as a matter of fact I wish I could take it now to calm myself.LOL!