Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was 8 seen someone vomit and that was it. My life has never been the same everyday for 14 years i have been afraid of this. i wake up everyday in fear i am 22 now and i am unable to live a life with just one good day. Its kind of hard to stay positive with nothing but worries in my life.

I know what you mean. Im 23 and dealing with it. It takes so much out of me and my day.

rayskeee,

I was 8 when I had my trigger incident (I heard and saw my cousin vomit). I have never been the same since and I'm 29! I have been living with this for 21 years.

I have my ggod days and my bad days, but I'm still living. I started getting help a year ago and I'm slowly getting better.

happyteacher

I am with that fear 10-11 years.

I am now 15, and with that fear since I was 5-6years old!!!

I've had this fear ever since I can remember, which is about 4 years old. I'm 21 now so that's 17 years for me. I know how you feel, it totally sucks.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I am turning 40 this summer, and I have had this fear for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, for me this phobia has become worse, and it gets worse and worsethe older I get. I have three kids and it makes it very hard. I want to get over this so badly. And noone seems to understand, but now that I found out about this website I know that all of you do understand. It is way too stressful to have to think about something like this when there are so many terrible things to think about (I know this is terrible, but you all know what I mean). Has anyone gotten better, and what did you do?

i havent had this fear for that long ... about 9 months because i developed it when i got pregnant and im nearly 2 the end of my pregnancy now although i used to suffer when i was little i grew out of it.....
    when was the last time all u actually V*

Im 37 now and have had thisaince I reckon I was about 7/8. My sister v* all over the carpet in front of me, (Inever walked on that part of the carpet again) there were also several incidents at primary school around the same age.

I was bad thru my teens but funnily enough through my 20's never really stressed about it (I mean I did but not like now) I used to drink heavily, party madly and crazily and was quite reckless, then I hit 30 and it was like woooooaaahhhh all down hill again. I still like a few drinks (and I mean a few) but dont go out so much, Im sure you know why.

But I get by and for most of the time lead a (relatively) normal life!!! I try to be rational about this (if I get "it" I get "it") but normally I just panic.

Its nice to know Im not alone!!!

Laney xx

Sorry, should have included this in last post - Abbey 16.......

I wont talk about when I last v* cos I think thats like fate and if I saywhen it'll happen again!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]