Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hi there im new

hi there im new here

i have suffered with this phobia since i was a child im now 24 and it seems like it gets worse by the day

i have 2 children i was lucky not to have much sickness

i find myself starving myself and always checking the food i eat ...

friends think im mad and i should get on with it but i cant

i went to the gp a while back but they thought i was abit mad i think and said i'd get over it and im still here and if anything its just getting worse

i feel so bad as i cant be with my children when there ill and all they want is there mummy !!

i dont know what else to do !!! Edited by: jodi054

Welcome jodi054. A huge majority of us are in your shoes, or have been in your shoes so you are not alone. This phobia takes a hold of our lives. If I were you I would be printing off some information on this site and take it to your gp and ask for help. My friends in the past looked at me as if I was nuts but now I am open about this phobia if people don’t get it and think its crazy oh well. I am a single mother and it was hard when my kids were young, I find itbecomes easier now that they are older or maybe I am dealing with this phobia a hell of a lot better now then when I was in my teens. Being on this site will help you when you need support, people are great here.

thank you

i might just do that !!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]