Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

last night i drank waaaaay too much (about 10 shots of rum, that's a lottttt for me,yuck!), fell asleepat a diner with my friends at like 3:00 am, and woke up in my bed this morning not remembering how i got there. when i drink i never really get a terrible hangover, and i felt fine all day (just a little tired and blah) and now im starting to feel sick. could it be that i've just been distracted all day and now that i'm thinking about it i feel sick? i took some pepto bismol, which i hate doing, and it feels like it's just sitting in my throat... help! what do you guys think? could this be a sv*?
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Sounds like too much to drink to me. I would start drinking lots of water.

I think your ok, i think its a hangover! drink water for sure...and maybe some toast, stay clam its normal to feel sick with lack of sleep and too much alcohol...

thanks so much for your replies!! i'm sure you're both right... alcohol does bad bad things to ya! i've never drank like that before because of my emet, don't know what i was thinking last night! thanks again :-)
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Sounds like the alcohol to me too. I can't believe you didn't get sick from drinking all of that.lol You are lucky. It's not fun getting sick in the morning after drinking hard liquor from the night before. I remember I did that with Vodka. I had horrible spins and was dizzy so bad that night. I tried going to sleep on the rocker, but I couldn't do that, so I ended up on the floor. When I woke up, I just felt a little dizzy and off, but when I went to brush my teeth, I got the feeling. I was like uh oh. I ended up dry heaving, but that was it. Oh. I had terrible d* for the next two days. I will never touch that stuff again. Yuck... Sorry for rambling. Hope you feel better soon and it's from the drinking. I don't think it's an sv. Take care, Mel
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

i cant believe i didnt get sick either! i remember getting really dizzy and that my mouth started to water like it would before i was about to v* and i panicked and just passed out at the diner. i feel much better now, i went out with my friends and stopped thinking about it and now i'm okay. now all i need is some sleep! thanks again for the replies

WOW! First of all, congrats on beating the fear of drinking and having emet. Next time, you might want to take it a little slower in case your body decides to totally hate you after you drink... sometimes you V* after drinking, other times you wish you had when you couldn't.

I have heard the horror stories of people with hangovers being nauseated for over a day after drinking. I don't mess with alcohol because of family reasons and because of my emet. I know alcohol isn't bad, but that is sure what my family has shown me it can become... if you know what I mean...
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm glad you feel better. I would watch the hard alcohol intake next time. You don't want to experience the morning hangover. It's terrible. I'd rather be sick while drunk then the morning after. I'm sure all people don't like it just like us emets. The best thing is to drink in moderation and until you feel good. When you drink until you have the spins, you arein trouble and there's no turning back. Even when my emet wasn't bad, I would get drunk,get the spins, and I would think, why did I do this to myself? I always wished I could turn back time.lol
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

i think it's back to drinking in moderation for me! i have never felt so blah in my whole life. and when i do drink, i usually have 3 or 4 beers and then i'm done. i neverr drink liquor because i have seen so many of my friends get sick from it... i guess it's fun to drink sometimes but the aftermath of drinking too much isn't worth it!

When I used to drink when I was younger ,like 21, I used to sometimes get that delayed hangover, like I would wake up and feel a little crappy, but then as the day goes on, I would start to feel worse, gross! I hate that feeling-feel better!

For the life of me I can't understand how one with emet can drink so much. Kim