Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went out to eat yesterday and then didn't get home until like 2-3 hours AFTER I ate, but I put my leftovers in the fridge (veggie sandwich with a cheesy mayo based dressing on it). I then got up and ate the sandwich this morning. We stayed at the resturant for a good 1.5 hours and then it took around 1 hour to get home. The weather was very cool yesterday (rainy)and the take out container was always in my hands/ on my lap (never out in the sun or anything like that).

Are the leftovers okay? They tasted fine and even the bread wasn't soggy!! The lettuce hadn't even wilted and the tomatoes still had good texture to them. Should I be worried?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, you have no reason to be worried. I would have ate it with no hesitations at all. You are fine!!

I'm sure you're perfectly fine.
    Remember, they leave mayo out on the shelves in grocery stores-it's not refrigerated until you bring it home.
    [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I too would have eaten it with no qualms.

purple,

I'm so happy to hear about you eating on a regular basis! It sounds like this are going better for you thatn they were a few months ago. Way to go!

happyteacher

Sorry for such a late response back to everyone --- we have had over 7 inches of rain locally and bad thunderstorms, so my computer has been offmost of the last two days.

Thank you so much for everyone's support. I ended up being just fine, but was really gassy (which could have simply been because of what was ON the sandwich... all the yummy veggies and good bread). I was very scared for most of yesterday and was relieved to wake up this morning without having any D* in the last 24 hours. The gas was very uncomfortable and that was probably the scariest part of the last 24 hours. Looking back on it, I believe I can attribute the gas to my stomach not getting as much food as it had been used to (just didn't eat much yesterday because I was scared) and due to anxiety.

I will admit that my eating was more "regular" during this past week because of Spring Break. I think I have been experiencing REAL HUNGER too, which has been a big step for me. I don't know if I can continue eating as much as I did over break (school starts back up today), but I did discover I could eat more than I had been eating and not gain as much weight as I had feared. I did gain some weight, but me binging on candy due to stress this past week was probably the cause... and the weight gain was probably not due to the actual real food I was consuming. I just need to be more careful and thankfully most of the candy is gone!

*hugs*
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything is fine, dont be worried

No FP!!! It is now Tuesday and I ate the sandwich over 72 hours ago YAY!! My stomach was really off Sunday and Monday, but that could have easily been caused by other factors not related to the food in question.

I am proud of myself for eating out 2x in 2 days though! Yay Go me ::ats myself on the back:::
    FACEBOOK ME --