Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Gum...

I just wanted to say some things about sugar free gum...i was reading th eposts on th elady who went on tv cause her teeth were rotting and how many of us chew gum adn eat mints...I wanted to say that if you chew alot of sugarfree gum, or have anything sugar free with sorbitol in it, that it can cause stomach pains gas and diarhea...I researched it one day...and thought I would put it up here so if people had these symptoms they wouldn't freak out andit could possibly be because of eating chewing too much of this...there is nowhere where ti says V* though so dont worry...I personally chew dentyne ice shiver, and was wondering what everone else chewed? If they have certain kinds that make them feel better or safer??

Yeah i chew gum and am constantly farting (sorry) [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Will this last forever????

Peppermint candy canes help me, and ice. When I suck on a candy cane or on ice then everyone knows I am feeling anxious. But it comforts me a little bit.

Altoids help me most of the time. Like right now i am not feeling too well so i use 'em.

I chew Wrigley's Orbit sugarfree gum. I usually have a couple pieces a day now only. I think it's wintermint.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I hate chew gums, all of them. WhenI put it in my mouth imediately I feel N!!!!

I don't like gum either. It just makes me hungry, hungry, hungry. I can chew it for 10 minutes, and I need to go stuff my face with food. If I chew it for more than 10 minutes, I get a headache from the repeated jaw movements of chewing it.

Yeah I don't really like chewing gum cause it makes me salivate too much and then I get all anxious thinking I'm going to be sick and what not. I used to eat the altoids Ginger Mints (Made with real ginger) They helped with my stomach very well but I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Um, what brand do I chew. I normally chew Trident, but when I'm really stressed, I will chew almost any brand, even if I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by trix vix

Yeah i chew gum and am constantly farting (sorry) [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Top post!

I am a gum addict, chewing my beloved Extra Spearmint right now.

I love gum, it calms my nerves sooo much. I chew it all the time.

The reason why you can feel n* and gassy after chewing gum for a while is because of your teeth though. They are stimulated by your chewing by little receptors in the socket that the tooth sits in, and this messages your brain to say "hey, about to digest some food, get ready!" and the stomach begins to produce acid. That's why it's uncomfortable [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have been trying to have a peppermint candy after dinner and find that it helps. I found these nice ones around x-mas that aren't too strong, just right. I think it just helps everything digest. I hate when you feel full and burp from dinner(sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by junglemonkey

I love gum, it calms my nerves sooo much. I chew it all the time.

The reason why you can feel n* and gassy after chewing gum for a while is because of your teeth though. They are stimulated by your chewing by little receptors in the socket that the tooth sits in, and this messages your brain to say "hey, about to digest some food, get ready!" and the stomach begins to produce acid. That's why it's uncomfortable [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

haha, that is weird! Now, I never feel that when I chew gum.

Thank you for telling me that. That is one cool fact. I learned something today.

very true about the teeth thing, but I was talking asbout the thing they put in diet stuff, aspartame, or sorbitol, it causes diarrhea and gas, I alway sget burpy nauseaus when i chew gum, but chew it nyways cause i get nervous when i get gassy nauseaus lol

This is weird. My mom doesn't have emet or anything, but once in a great while, I'll call her at work, and I'll ask her what she's doing. She'll say, I just got done chewing a whole pack of Wrigleys gum. You know the long sticks with all the sugar? She ALWAYS says I have a stomach ache now and d*. I always say, well why did you do that? She always says, I don't know and starts laughing. She'll chew the gum until the sugar's gone, throw it out, and then put a new one in. She cracks me up.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee
    ...I personally chew dentyne ice shiver, and was wondering what everone else chewed? If they have certain kinds that make them feel better or safer??

I also chew this kind. it is the only gum strong enough to beat the anxiety/nausea feelings. I sometimes chew 3 pieces at a time...my friends and family don't know how I do it...they can barely handle on piece!!!!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I can't chew gum because I have TMJ - a painful jaw problem. I would always chew gum before I got dx-ed with TMJ because it relieved stress. I liked sugar-free because I thought it tasted better and didn't stick to my teeth.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --