Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: SV check!

Okay, let's do another area check-how is it in everyone's local area? It was bad in mine about a month ago, then I think it has slowly started to go down I haven't heard too many people with it in the last 2 weeks and my daughter is in school, so I probably would hear about it. The only one I've heard about in the last week was my daughter's teacher's husband-and I'm nervous about that! I just hope she doesn't catch it from him and start passing it to the kids!

It is pretty bad in my area. Alot of kids sick but not that many adults. My daughter is only 3 so I wouldn't know about it the schools. I wish the sv* season would stop. Well, normally it is not in march is it?
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

It was bad here about a month ago and its even worse now! I am really TIRED of this.

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING...

I keep an eye on Google news and you wouldnt believe the outbreaks!

In the uk, in the midlands area there is nothing on the news and i dont know anyone who has any bug. It was very bad in Febuary.

Nothing in Ottawa for all of winter to my knowledge. Didn't see anything in the news- haven't heard of any of my friends being sick with anything other than a cold/sore throat. My boyfriend heard a few things where he works about some people coming down with something gastro-related, but he's at a hospital so it's easier for things to make the rounds.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spring Break was last week and I haven't heard much because I haven't been back in the classroom yet (no sub jobs available for today). I am kinda scared to go back and see how everything is... keeping my fingers crossed!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Debbie-when you Google this, what do you type in the search engine?

I forgot to say that I am in NY-Long Island.

Evelyn-my daughter is only 4, but she goes to a school with all ages, so I keep an ear out and talk to all the moms-especially after an absence[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img], they probably think I am nuts! Also, most of what I have heard was of children being sick, too.

When my daughter had it, nobody caught it from her, so let's cross our fingers and I guess wait out this stupid season that seems to last forever!

Nothing much in Montreal, at least a lot less than previous years. There are the cases in and there but nothing in my immediate family. There's a few cases I hear from work here and there but overall pretty calm.

I think it is still around in CT. Hopefully after this month it will END...

SoCal here and it is going around (again) in small pockets. I'd like to point out that this is the 2nd time this winter and I think it's because we have had an unusually cold winter for L.A. and everyone has been inside a lot.

I cannot wait untill it starts heating up.

I don't know ANYONE who got sick this winter...not my family or my friends. And I haven't heard anything on the news except for something about meningeitus (Sp?) Things seem fine here. :-D I'm in Cleveland ohio by the way.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Ther's far too much of it here on the East Coast of England. Our local hospital has had to close several wards. It seems to have been going round since late October,Just when I thought things were getting better, everyone seems to have it again.

Things are starting to wind down in Toronto.

Its not too bad. (In Wisconsin)
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

I live on Andrews AFB in Maryland-I hadn't heard about the virus outbreaks here [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] but I'm trying to remain positive-I don't have children, work from home, and really only leave the house on weekends.

Samara,

I live in Euclid, Ohio and unfortunately everyone I know has had it (but in January) since then my daughter and I have both been sick with respiratory infections (and other cold related illnesses). I personally blame this CRAZY weather (which also causes me to have frequent migraines).

I guess I'm just happy to know that there are people in my area with my problem.

I just had hypnosis and am about 85% better (no panic attacks when my daughter got her last virus and turned pasty white and wouldn't eat - no v* just a cold but I didn't know that at the time).

Anyway, enjoy the cold (partly snowy) day -- isn't today the 2nd day of spring? What's with the weather?

Joeylynn --- Speaking of weather... It was in the 80's last week and now the weather is down in the 50's during the day and 20-30's at night! This crazy weather has made so many people sick! Argh!!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I am in Baltimore, Maryland and we have had some hellish season. I began hearing of sv in November. February and March have been brutal. Goucher College had a horrible epidemic and one of the Catholic High Schools closed two weeks ago due to the sv. My son just went back to school after spring break and I am nervous that it will be rampant. My daugher does not go on spring break until 4/7/06.

When will this end?????????????????????????

Stella

Quote Originally Posted by jennyleigh1975
    Debbie-when you Google this, what do you type in the search engine?

I type in norovirus...

Stella...

Its like that here too![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I am in Alberta, and it seems to be around, but I don't think it BAD! I do knoow ppl who have had it. I hope it goes away soon. But, it feels more like winter here (weather wise) now than it did in January.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

We never really had an "epidemic" around here this year. It's been worse in years previous. Never more than one or two kids out of school sick ata time with it. When I caught it I think it was at its peak here (6 weeks ago) and my kids never caught it. We live in Michigan.

And I just have to say, I think it's going around some place somewhere at any given time.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I am in Northeast PA and it was really bad about 3 weeks ago but it seems to have died down now......or at least I hope so! This season was pretty bad around here from what I have heard for both adults and kids. Let's hope the worst is over now!