Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi you don't know me, (although I have contributed to the film list alot!) because I just registeredso I'll introduce myself: I am HippyClown [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]I'm 13 I'm from the ukand I have been emetophobic since I can remember.So hello! Anyway...Mylittle sisters birtday is coming up and she's turning 9 but she wantsme and our mumto go with her to the cinema and see Scooby Doo 2 but I know someone in it vomits.I don't want to let my little sis down but I don't think I can watch it without panicking. Any advice? Or anyone know when it happens so I can go out?

Hi welcome to the site! I'm izzy and i'm 15. I saw scooby doo2 last week and was really scared to see it. The only v* scene is where a computer animated monster v* green sludge over a reporter. It doesnt look like real v* at all (you may of seen this in the trailer) It really isnt bad. And if you are scared of others v* no little kids v* in the cinima either! Its only about 4 seconds. I persoanlyy think you should give it a try but its up to you. If you feel you cant do it then mayeb you could just meet up with your sister afterwards if your eating or something. Good luck. Please PM me!!

Welcome to IES!

i must agree its just like green slime...quite funny really and im a real wuss when it comes to v* scenes

Thanks Guys!Ok if it's really asun gross as you say then I guess I'll give it a go, maybe it will be good for me or something,my therapist says I have to expose myself to it, (She made me watch Monty Python's Mr Creosote the other day,NIGHTMARE!

P.S

HAPPY EASTER![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

what happens in that? If you want to recall the memory ( which you probably dont!)

Please tell us how it goes! Are you seeing it tomorrow?

I have seen the trailor and it was unexpected the first time I saw it but I felt ok.It didn't look bad at all.I am a total freak out when I see or hear someone ill. I am sure you will be ok. Could be good for you to be there I always close my eyes and plug my ears if I think it will be bad,

Do what you feel is comfortable though.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Mr Creosote is this great fat guy who p* all over the pkace, it's so disgusting it's ridiculous! I ran away but managed to come back somehow.

Nah, I'm not going until next week but I'll be sure to fill you guys in.

Thats good, urgh. Dont think I want to see that film!! I'v seen monty pythons holy grail tho. Its very very funny!!

good luck! happy easter!Edited by: stephiewephie05
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Hippyclown,

Your therapist shouldn't be "making you" see things that are still traumatic for you. We have a whole list of films that are way easier than that one to see, and a cool "exposure therapy" website that's only pictures - some of them are really easy...Anyway, they all go in order. You shouldn't be starting with something so hard.

Keep watch on this website over the next few weeks. John and I are going to try to put together some printable material to take to psychotherapists, and I'll do a little "moderator" work on making the exposure site sticky under "treatments". But it could take us a little while. Hang in.

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Well she didn't exactly make me, we had been building up to it for weeks, looking at pictures, less intimidating films etc. and she just said she would like me to, she never forced me. But thank you for your concern. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]By the way what is the name of your exposure website? I can't seem to find it.

http://www.achternamen.net/emetofobie/supportgroup/

it is there under treatments and exposure therapy. but here it is again as its no bother just lookin it up for a sec

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: