Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What the hell?

I wasnt feeling really great yesterday, but my bf had an event in SF that was really important to him. So I went anyway. We drove to the event center, and I armed myself with a tin of mints, and 3 bottles of water. I wasnt feeling so hot though. After about an hour, I had no choice but to go into the restrooms there. (too much water) And I was inside the stall when I heard someone ask another girl if she was OK.. Words we never want to hear. Then she asked if she wanted a drink of water. Oh man, you shoulda seen how fast I got out of that stall. I looked around and couldnt tell who had been talking. So I went to the sink to wash my hands, and I saw someone with their feet facing the wrong way in the stall, and started hearing the sounds.. I got the hell out of there. Luckily all the door were open, so I didnt have to touch anything.

My question is. Does everyone run into people v*ing in public bathrooms?? I rarely go into them (only in emergencies) and I have come across soooo many sick people. What the hell, are they following me? Anyone else get this? grrr..

--Kim

Kim,

I had an experience similiar on a couple of occasions. I really try to avoid public restrooms too most of the time. I was using the restroom at a popular restaurant about a year ago. Same thing...next to me in the stall I heard someone v* violently...Usually the sound isn't pleasant to me, but doesn't bother me as much, but this was REALLY bad. Needless to say, I went out and didn't even touch my meal I was so grossed out...I know what you mean about feeling like it "follows" you. I get angry when people start talking about how sick there were and how much they v* and all of that.You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...sorry for you, I know that it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tink

I wasnt feeling really great yesterday, but my bf had an event in SF that was really important to him. So I went anyway. We drove to the event center, and I armed myself with a tin of mints, and 3 bottles of water. I wasnt feeling so hot though. After about an hour, I had no choice but to go into the restrooms there. (too much water) And I was inside the stall when I heard someone ask another girl if she was OK.. Words we never want to hear. Then she asked if she wanted a drink of water. Oh man, you shoulda seen how fast I got out of that stall. I looked around and couldnt tell who had been talking. So I went to the sink to wash my hands, and I saw someone with their feet facing the wrong way in the stall, and started hearing the sounds.. I got the hell out of there. Luckily all the door were open, so I didnt have to touch anything.

My question is. Does everyone run into people v*ing in public bathrooms?? I rarely go into them (only in emergencies) and I have come across soooo many sick people. What the hell, are they following me? Anyone else get this? grrr..

--Kim

It has only happened to me a couple of times. I just try to tell myself things like, "Oh, maybe she is pregnant and has morining sickness" because I am annoyed that people go out into public places when they know they are sick and that what they have is contagious!

Tink- it has only happened to me a handful of times- rarely at a restaurant, on campus, or shopping- mostly when I am at a bar or pub. I have never had someone in the stall next to me be sick- they are usually coming in as I am leaving, or I notice that they are there first and decide to go elsewhere. The way I figure it, I'd rather them be sick in the bathroom then out in full view! Either way, it sucks when you come upon this....I know it usually makes me get out of there as soon as possibly myself.

''I am annoyed that people go out into public places when they know they are sick and that what they have is contagious"

Ah, we've had this discussion many times here....I think the end result is that many people have different reasons for going out when they are sick, many of which may not be apparent to the rest of us. You can't control what everyone else does- you can only do what you can to prevent yourself from catching anything- wash your hands, etc. Also, when someone vomits it may not be the result of something contagious- many things can make someone sick, including (as you mentioned) pregnancy, motionsickness, eating something that does not agree with you, periods, pain, etc.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber,

I totally agree that I would rather hear them in a restroom, than see them outside of the bathroom. That is a good way to think of it.

I really do think I have a curse with bathrooms though. I can count at least 12 v* occasions off the top of my head. And like I said, I rarely go into public restrooms. I have only used a restroom 3 times at a bar, and I encountered v* one of those times.

I am not complaining that this girl was sick, I am complaining that I always manage to pick the wrong moment to go in them. Maybe someone is trying to give me exposure therapy whether I like it or not.. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

--Kim

Damn Kim-

That does seem excessive! Hahahaha- maybe a higher power HAS determined that exposure therapy was the way to go, whether you like it or not [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. That is also a good way of putting it.

LOL- I hope that this instance is the last in the trend!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Besides for people getting drunk and v*ing at the bars near my college, I have actually never witnessed anyone v*ing in a public bathroom. I try not to use them very often but I am always in one washing my hands or something! Lucky for me I've never had to hear that going on
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state