Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do any of you know the answer to this?

My daughter got the sv* Friday and Hubby and I got the sv* Sunday. Is it
    possible to give it back to my daughter again?

Maybe, although if you guys truly do have the exact same virus she did
    she should be immune now that her body has already fought it off.

I wondered about this. My kids had it at the weekend, their dad had it Sunday night. They are staying with him again tomorrow night and I'm worried they'll pick it up again - am I being daft here?

No- I'm in the same boat- I wish we would get some more responses.
    Come on people- help us out here!!!

I want to say no, but then again, my little brother's best friend had one a couple years ago, gave it to his sisters, who gave it to his parents, who then made him sich again. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Ugh, that gives me the creeps! That's what freaks me out about a sv* - it just keeps spreading. For some reason in my childhood household (family of 5), one person would get and that was it! My stepmom was even an elementary school teacher, so I know her exposure was extremely high. Isn't that strange? I'm sometimes shocked when I hear about these families that all fall like dominos with the sv*...

no, you should be okay. as long as your sure that your daughter gave the SV* to ur husband, she'll be fine. there are a bunch of different kinds of SV*'s out there, but once you've been infected with one, you become pretty much immune to it, and cannot get it back. If that happened, the ammount of sick people out there would probably triple so, anyway, good luck and try not to worry!

-hayley xxo

can anyone answer this question for me iam an emet sufferer an my lil bro was s* last night i was not at home but am still having panic attacks today. right what i want to know is how long before someone is is sick the virus contagious.

please help

A couple I know traded sv back and forth and with their roommate last year for about a month. I told them to bleach everything.

So, yeah it is possible to pass it back and forth.

It is possible to pass it back and fourth? I mean all I know is that growing up when my sisters would get a SV I would avoid them like the plague so I like NEVER got an SV from my sisters. My one sister would pass it to the other one but I would stay away...but they never got sick like TWICE with the same virus...Hmmm?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I hear that immunity can last anything from a few days to a couple of months, but certainly no longer. That's why every year we get the same sv*s coming back and we get infected again. I read this on a BBC News web-site. Sv* viruses are different to cold and flu viruses which you become immune to for life once you have them.

It's too scary to think about really, the only solution is to try our best to avoid them, use bleach all the time and wash hands regularly.