Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

how long before you are "in the clear" after you've eaten some lunch meat that might be questionable? Can you have hunger pains if you have fp? How long does deli lunch meat stay "good?"

I made lunches today (sent lunches for hubby and daughter) with some turkey lunch meat that is less than a week old. It looked fine and smelled fine and tasted fine. But now I'm worried that maybe I should not have used it--hubby has d* and feels off and I have some mild instestinal cramping yet I haven't eaten that much since lunch, in fact I didn't have any supper just a little ice cream around 7 pm. It's a little past midnight here, and my tummy is also growling. All three kids are sleeping fine (knock wood) and haven't had any problem.

Sorry for the freak out post...going now to read others' posts and hope I can help someone else...
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

My boyfriend basically eats it until it's gone! Generally it's easy to tell if it's gone south- it gets slimy, turns greenish, and smells like a poopy diaper, lol.

With food poisoning, the most common varieties usually occur within 2-6 hours after consumption of the offending product. Once the body decides it can't process something, it tries to get rid of it ASAP- usually out of both ends. That, and if the kids are feeling fine, it's probably not related to the lunchmeat. Their systems arent as strong as those of an adult- they would probably be sick first and have more severe symptoms.

Could it be that your cramps are related to the fact that you are somewhat stressed about your husband not feeling right- and you not eating much since lunch and only ice-cream for dinner? I know that, that would give me an upset stomach!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I recon theres about a 6-12 hour period depending on the product for the fp question and most affects of fp is d* but it is quite extreme rough and pretty n* stuff.

Yes as amber said,it does go pretty slimy grrn and a bit mouldy on the edges *LoL*

I do think that maybe your cramps are due to the stress of your hubby have a bit of d*,glad to hear your kids are in bed sleeping soundly

I do think you will be fine hun,keep us posted

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys!! He's going to bed now and thinks he's feeling bad because he stopped taking his prilosec. He's on this kick that he's taking too many meds and wanted to decrease. Idiot. LOL He also had a stressful day at work.

I've been having tummy problems all day, but I had mini wheats (fiber!) and coffee for breakfast plus I'm PMSing after the first month of going back on the pill. I swear I have pill-induced IBS. I used to have it so bad until I started having kids--when I was taking the pill! And it then it pretty much went away. LOL hubby is fixed so I think that I will take the irregular cycles over the moodiness and tummy problems. LOL TMI. Sorry!!

This is why I like this site so much. I mean, where else can you get a quick little reassurance from other people who know EXACTLY what you are going through?! And don't think you're nuts!

Oh its because we love you Paula mwha!!

Glad to hear he is off to bed now and feeling a bit better

PMS'ing [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] vain of our lives,but were all around to help you

*hugs*

xxx

My rule of thumb with lunch meat is to consume it within 1 week of opening it. As long as I'm eating it regularly, say everyday to every other day, I will eat it until it is gone.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof3

I swear I have pill-induced IBS. I used to have it so bad until I started having kids--when I was taking the pill! And it then it pretty much went away.

I am wondering if I have the same thing. I had a friend that swore that the patch was what gave her IBS. I have been off the pill for about a year, and my IBS has been 100 times better. I was planning on going back on it after the baby is born, but now I'm not sure. My IBS was really bad, and I think it would be worth the uncertainty in periods not to have to suffer. My hubby isn't fixed though, and we aren't ready for him to be either. But we aren't ready for any more kids yet either! Ah! What to do?!

Yeah, I'm almost positive now. I'm having the exact same symptoms I had 8 years ago (before I had my first). We used "other" forms of bc between kids. Which explains why my last two were only 18 months apart...LOL!! After my last, my dr. "requested" I not have any more kids (bad delivery, one in a million thing, don't worry) so my husband went in when my youngest was less than 5 months old.

I went back on it because my dr. said it was the best choice for my acne and irregular cycles/long periods (21-23 days apart and sometimes last 8 days!) but this hormonal nonsense isn't worth it. I talked about it with my regular dr. (not my gyno) and she gave me some antibiotic cream for my acne. As far as the irregular cycle,I don't know, just deal with it I guess, I don't have bad cramps or anything anymore since I've had kids. It's just a nuisance.

I would always get d* with my period on the pill, and never when I wasn't on it.